RMAS Lodestone / Kinterbury

tony smith
8th May 2006, 13:26
Lodestone ... Any information please. The last i heard, was she was bought by a french company for conversion to super yacht.

Kinterbury ... Has been bought by an american company for conversion to a DP vessel currently at Dunston (ship repair), Hull.

Landour
19th May 2006, 10:53
Kinterbury was actually bought by a Britush Company based in Corsham. It was towed from Rosyth to Hull for conversion and will eventually be based in France.
I sailed as C/E on the Lodestone back in the late 80's. Last time I saw it was after it left MOD service in Lowestoft along with its sistership Magnet. It was sold in 97 to a yacht marketing company in Antibes.

STRAWBERRY
19th May 2006, 18:06
Arrochar is alongside in Portland, Looking a bit worse off for wear, However she will shortly be towed for scrap.

tony smith
20th May 2006, 16:31
Many thanks for the update, Dunstuns got it wrong again.
I'm currently building control gear for the new Aquamaster thrusters.
Sad about the Arrochar, still one less main engine load shairing to worry about.

Cheers
Tony / Radamec Controls (Newbury Diesel Controls)

Waighty
26th November 2010, 11:22
Kinterbury was actually bought by a Britush Company based in Corsham. It was towed from Rosyth to Hull for conversion and will eventually be based in France.
I sailed as C/E on the Lodestone back in the late 80's. Last time I saw it was after it left MOD service in Lowestoft along with its sistership Magnet. It was sold in 97 to a yacht marketing company in Antibes.

Do you know which company in Corsham? I've just retired there and would be interested to know.