Thomson Celebration

Wild Rover
18th May 2006, 16:58
The Thomson Celebration cruise ship is due in the Tyne for the first of its summer cruises to Scandinavia on Saturday 20th May. I have it on good authority she will enter the piers at noon and sail from the North Shields passenger terminal at 1700hrs.

rushie
18th May 2006, 17:43
A classic ship...but she's be plagued with a lot of mechanical troubles recently. Hope she makes it for you.!

Wild Rover
18th May 2006, 18:17
I would go down a get a picci if it was coming in at a reasonable time, but noon, I'll hardly be out of bed!!!!!

Keltic Star
19th May 2006, 05:43
I would go down a get a picci if it was coming in at a reasonable time, but noon, I'll hardly be out of bed!!!!!

Man after my own heart. The day should start at the crack of noon.

Mine's a dark and dirty please.

eddies girl
2nd April 2008, 13:30
I sailed on her in November 2005. Passenger, not crew. My dad sailed on Lancastria through most of the 30s so got my love of the sea from him. Best memory was at Gibralter, watching the Aurora sailing off a short while before we were due out. As she headed off, her band was playing the song 'Celebrations'. She was all lit up and the passengers on board were dancing and waving to us as she slowly went out of sight. Raised a glass to Eddie as we left each port. Anne