British Vision

Graham Wallace
20th May 2006, 07:42
British Vision 1959- Two Engineering Apprentices were killed in a pumproom accident. Charlie Dean a 1955 E/A was transferred 1st August 1959 as one of their replacements. Does anyone know of this incident and the names of these apprentices.

Graham Wallace

Graham Wallace
12th February 2013, 21:32
British Vision 1959- Two Engineering Apprentices were killed in a pumproom accident. Charlie Dean a 1955 E/A was transferred 1st August 1959 as one of their replacements. Does anyone know of this incident and the names of these apprentices.

Graham Wallace

Things seem extremely quiet on the BP front so I started looking back at old threads and seeing if I could improve on them, this is one of mine and I should have updated it years ago.
John Firmin an ex BP Navigating Apprentice friend of mine went to the PRO offices in Kew in 2009 and found an entry in 'Deaths on British Vessels' for 22 July 1959 for an Engineering Apprentice Colin Frederick Waterhouse, registered in Hamburg.
He was a 1956 intake from Gillingham and attended SE London Technical College 1956/58 .

I have no further information on him does anyone else have any.

Graham

JohnBP
15th February 2013, 15:22
Things seem extremely quiet on the BP front so I started looking back at old threads and seeing if I could improve on them, this is one of mine and I should have updated it years ago.
John Firmin an ex BP Navigating Apprentice friend of mine went to the PRO offices in Kew in 2009 and found an entry in 'Deaths on British Vessels' for 22 July 1959 for an Engineering Apprentice Colin Frederick Waterhouse, registered in Hamburg.
He was a 1956 intake from Gillingham and attended SE London Technical College 1956/58 .

I have no further information on him does anyone else have any.

Graham

Hi Graham, is there any info on Munro Chambers x BP Nav Cadet, a friend of mine, he was from Uddingston Scotland and sailed with BP around early 60's, he died in a pumproom or tank incident in his second year at sea.

John

Graham Wallace
15th February 2013, 17:53
Hi Graham, is there any info on Munro Chambers x BP Nav Cadet, a friend of mine, he was from Uddingston Scotland and sailed with BP around early 60's, he died in a pumproom or tank incident in his second year at sea.

John

John,

I have never heard of this name mentioned before, the only two incidents I know of were on the Vision in 1966 and Renown 1977. However there are two Nav Apps listed on the database with that name; MG Chambers( Fron Hatfield) 1958 intake to 3M 1963 and MR Chambers 1962 intake last noted on NA Power 1965.

Thats all I have

Enjoying your snow?

Graham

Ryder
18th March 2013, 22:51
Hi Graham,
I went away in 1960 as first tripper on the Splendour and one of our ports of call was Durban. A couple of us were taken out for the day to Cato Manor, the Howich |Falls. A great day out at the expense of the husband & wife. I remember the C/O saying that they used to take apprentices out for the day as a memory to their son who was killed in a pumproom accident sometime in the late 50's. Sadly my journal was lost many years ago and I can't remember the family name. All I can remember is that they lived in Juniper Drive, Durban.

Cheers, Tony White