Oriana

Pompeyfan
22nd May 2006, 09:31
Good morning to you all from a very wet Stavanger Norway. I am aboard Oriana for a 7 night cruise to Norway. Hope to post some pics during the voyage. If not, will post them when we get home hoping of course the weather brightens up for taking pictures. I have a few already including Calypso in Southampton as we passed her going out on Saturday. David

Paul UK
22nd May 2006, 09:42
David it looks very overcast from the bridge cam maybe Vik will be a little brighter.

Have a good time.

Paul

rushie
22nd May 2006, 09:50
Enjoy your cruise and hope the weather improves. Hell of a night here in South Devon...there were 10 ships sheltering in Torbay..!!

Rushie

Pompeyfan
22nd May 2006, 15:58
Thanks Paul and Rushie. We leave Stavanger at 1630 UK time. The next three ports are 1700 UK time. I may be on the deck in front of web cam when we leave each port. Been raining most of day. We anchor at Flamm tomorrow. Hope for better weather and ships to take. Will post them as soon as I can. David

newda898
22nd May 2006, 16:14
Ah, well I was at Mayflower Park watching you sail away then!

Do you know why you appeared to be heading upstream at first....then kept on going upstream?
I was wondering if you'd ever turn around and come back towards us. Also, did you notcie a slight list fo Port? i'm sure she was listing a few degrees as she came towards us, otherwise maybe it was the wind.

Phill
22nd May 2006, 19:34
Send us a card

Phill

A Wighter
25th May 2006, 00:46
Enjoy the cruise David, pity about the weather but hopefully it will improve.
Cheers...

Pompeyfan
25th May 2006, 22:27
Thanks Andy. Have been out of satellite contact for two days due to being inside the fjords. Weather fantastic in Olden, and not too bad today in Bergen, but rained all day in Flamm and Stavanger, but brightened up as we left both ports. Will post pics when I get home. Not too many ships, only cruise ships at Flamm and Olden, but more at Stavanger and Bergen. Ferries were on strike until today in Norway. Yes we did go upstream on Saturday Newda898 and we listed like mad like you said. I tried to get it on film. Listed badly today leaving Bergen. Will tell you all about the trip when I get home and post the pictures. I stood in front of web cam today when leaving Bergen, and may do so tomorrow at 1800. We get back on Saturday to berth38/9. David.

benjidog
25th May 2006, 22:33
Enjoy the rest of your trip David. Sorry the weather is being unkind but it has been lousy in England most of the week so you have not missed much here!

Brian

fred henderson
26th May 2006, 13:05
Are you having us on David? I have just looked at Oriana webcam (Friday May 26; 12.10) and it looks very wet and gray, but I am sure that the weather will greatly improve because the location of the ship is given as Sharm el Sheikh! (LOL)

It says that the next port of call is Southampton.

Fred (Thumb)

ruud
26th May 2006, 13:20
Are you having us on David? I have just looked at Oriana webcam (Friday May 26; 12.10) and it looks very wet and gray, but I am sure that the weather will greatly improve because the location of the ship is given as Sharm el Sheikh! (LOL)

It says that the next port of call is Southampton.

Fred (Thumb)
Ahoy David,
Here the proof, Fred isn't joking(*))

Paul UK
26th May 2006, 14:34
Maybe egypt have got the same rain as us, unless David is really some were hot and it is not P*ddling down.

Paul (Thumb)

Paul UK
26th May 2006, 14:38
David

We are making you work on your holiday.

Is M (Thumb) ike Carr the captain or Charlie Carr any relations.

Paul

Pompeyfan
26th May 2006, 17:30
Its better at the moment, but weather bad again for tomorrow, but we are back home then. Had two great days however, it has not been all doom and gloom. But bring your raincoats in September as I bring the rain with me?!. Mike Carr has retired Paul and Charlie not a relation. Haimish Reid is captain at the moment. Off to dinner now. David

Paul UK
26th May 2006, 19:02
thanks david.

dont eat to much.

paul

Pompeyfan
28th May 2006, 13:44
Back home now, and loading pictures on. I am a bit confused with you post Fred indicating I was having you on. Why on earth would I do that?. I am far too professional to tell porkies about anything whether on holiday or not. I never did say that we had no rain on Friday. I said that the weather was better at the moment at 1830 our time, 1730 your time. Friday was a partly cloudy day with showers. I will post a picture of the Horne & Wren taken after your post which would have been 1430 our time. I took the picture some time during the afternoon and it was certainly not raining then. I will also post a small boat at the same time just below Horne & Wren. You can see sunshine on the horizon. Anybody that knows where Horne Wren is will know our position at the time, and how far away it is from Sharm el Sheikh.

The first day was again partly cloudy, but more sun than Friday. Monday in Stavanger was showery with one long shower in the morning(captains words)with a brief bright spell around lunch time. I went ashore quickly to take a few pics when the sun was out as it will prove when I post them both from shore side and on board. It brightened up as we left allowing me to take a picture of a Color Line ferry on her way into Stavanger.

Tuesday at Flamm rained all day. I went on the mountain railway. This trip was not totally spoiled as visibilty was not too bad in places, but it was not good either as you can imagine.

Wednesday in Olden was perfect, hardly a cloud in the sky. Will post a few ship pictures, but if anyone would like to see the glacier etc, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a few scenic pics other than ships.

Thursday in Bergen was a typical April showers day in May. They are basically a month to six weeks behind us with spring flowers still out. Friday was partly cloudy as announced by the bridge, and Saturday was very grey as we arived back in Southampton and indeed foggy when I got home here on the Isle of Wight.

Will post pictures as soon as I can over the next few days, but please bare in mind that I am very tired after the trip. David

Pompeyfan
28th May 2006, 21:45
Pictures in Gallery now leaving Southampton to Stavanger. Will post pics from Flamm and Olden tomorrow. There will be some stunning scenery as a backdrop. David