Baluchistan

Fairfield
10th September 2004, 15:10
Another I/m afraid in P&O livery but still with her Strick name taken in Glasgow in May 1974 when repairing.She is occupying the former fitting out basin belonging to Harland & Wolff.Their yard closed in 1962 but the basin was bought over by Alexander Stephen in later years for repair work.

filcek
5th August 2006, 17:59
Only black and white but you can see much more attractive in Stricks livery. Any idea where the picture was taken? Could it be Port Said?

dom
6th August 2006, 03:29
Only black and white but you can see much more attractive in Stricks livery. Any idea where the picture was taken? Could it be Port Said?
take a look at the canal light over the bow, dom

ratkinson
29th August 2014, 01:35
My first ship - joined in August 1964 as cadet. Master was Capt Filcek, mate Jack Frost, fellow cadet Mike Saunders, 3rd mate John Wightman - wish I could remember more names. I was with Strick for 8 years then came ashore into freight forwarding until I (semi) retired in 2009.

Tony Shaw
29th August 2014, 11:56
Also my first ship as cadet. Joined in 1959 and spent my whole cadetship on her apart from one voyage on the "Farsistan". A lovely ship as you all say and your first ship 'is always the best'. John Whightman was cadet with me for a couple of voyages and always wonder what he did after. I know he joined the new "Shahristan" building at Redheads as I followed him on the new "Floristan", also in the Tyne.