Peter M

bern1st
28th May 2006, 18:14
I am looking for a photo of the coastal tanker PETER M.(Metcalf motor coasters). I have the ships history from when she was taken as a prize from the Germans in Norway in 1945. Was bought by Metcalfs in 1947. I sailed in her in 1957, and I think she was scrapped in the mid sixties while under the Greek flag with a change of name MOTOL V. Anyone finds a picture I would be grateful. Regards. Bernie

Toby T
30th May 2006, 16:34
I am looking for a photo of the coastal tanker PETER M.(Metcalf motor coasters). I have the ships history from when she was taken as a prize from the Germans in Norway in 1945. Was bought by Metcalfs in 1947. I sailed in her in 1957, and I think she was scrapped in the mid sixties while under the Greek flag with a change of name MOTOL V. Anyone finds a picture I would be grateful. Regards. Bernie

This is my first attempt at sending a pic, Hope you get it OK. I remember the Peter M very well as she was a regular caller to my home port of Great Yarmouth as were many of the Metcalf ships were.
Toby T

bern1st
30th May 2006, 22:30
Toby T, Many thanks for the reply. Have got the picture. This is the 1st one of the ship I have seen. Never did go into Great Yarmouth with her though.Best regards . Bernie.