Balmoral

agentroadrunner
5th June 2006, 19:10
Anyone got any shots of the BAL on her sojourn to the Continent? (Pint)

Bob S
18th June 2006, 20:31
I took a trip on the BALMORAL yesterday (17th June) from Tilbury to Ipswich via Clacton and Harwich taking in the sites of the lower Thames, North Sea off the east coast, Felixstowe Docks, Harwich/Parkston Quay, River Orwell and Ipswich wet dock, seven and a half hours in all.

Excellent value at 25 a head including coach back to Tilbury, I would recomend it.

Photo of BALMORAL at last years Trafargar Review plus a couple of shots heading out into the North Sea and approaching Ipswich wet dock.

Pompeyfan
18th June 2006, 21:20
I will be in Felixstowe at the end of July for my cousins daughters wedding. Wonder if Balmoral will still be around then?. Went on her last year from Yarmouth I.O.W. But used to sail on her on a regular basis when she was on the Cowes-Southampton route for Red Funnel. Also did day trip on her as a nipper from Ventnor Pier(now since long gone)to Southampton Docks and back. I had cut my foot badly a few days earlier, but the hospital bandaged it up well, and I managed to hobble on board against my mothers wishes. But I was mad keen on ships even in those days, so nothing would have stopped me?!. David

Bob S
19th June 2006, 21:39
Not sure that she will still be around the east coast in July but this is their website

www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk

I also remember sailing on her in Red Funnel days, great ship.

channelimages
29th September 2007, 19:54
Here's the Balmoral arriving at Bristol City Docks on Thursday evening for winter lay up.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/channelimages/Bal1-2.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/channelimages/BalBristol.jpg

R58484956
30th September 2007, 16:44
CI excellent shots Thank you.

agentroadrunner
1st October 2007, 18:14
Great phots.

Thanks for posting them

A

channelimages
3rd October 2007, 20:24
I have some of her in Rotterdam somewhere, a friend who's a pilot there sent them to me.

I'm just putting together a website about the ship, will be on www.mvbalmoral.co.uk however its still very much under construction !

Got a lot of pictures of the ship, shame to have them sat in the draw. Will be adding a gallery to the site to show them on . .

Chris