ss Cleveland

athinai
8th June 2006, 02:01
Is it possible to obtain passenger lists of ''SS Cleveland'' during her period as an emigrant ship on the Continent, UK, Queenstown to New York route. Perhaps this is a longshot. Many Thanks as always. oops very sorry, she was Hamburg America Line.

Athinai

treeve
8th June 2006, 09:15
If you tap in "SS Cleveland" "passengers"
in Google, you get a number of hits for just that.
Most noteable is www.theshipslist.com
also Ellis Island records are available online.
Which dates were you interested in?
Have a look at
http://homepage.mac.com/lizurd/jsm/2001/immigration_Zofia.html
Best Wishes
Raymond

athinai
8th June 2006, 11:58
Raymond many thanks for your prompt reply to my query., and I will check the Sites you mention, Some of my family went West on Her back before the twenties or possibly during the twenties, The Old family tree isnt coming together as I had hoped, All The Best,
Athinai

treeve
8th June 2006, 13:30
Only too glad to have been of help ....
The Ellis Island Website is tremendous.
It also helps that just about all US Census
records are online.
All Best
Raymond

hawkey01
8th June 2006, 15:55
Hello Athinai, Treeve has already given you the site which I was going to recommend, 'theshiplist.com'. The Cleveland was built originally for Hamburg America Line and launched 26th Sep 1909. The only trips she did via Queenstown were in 1920 when she was named Mobile. Then under White Star management. The trips were Liverpool-Queenstown-NewYork. That may make it easier when doing your research.
Regards
Hawkey01 (K)

athinai
12th June 2006, 15:33
Hello Hawkey01, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, all the information supplied is appreciated and most useful, and I am continuing my quest. By the way, I was unable to log on to Ships Nostalgia for about 3 days, Think there was a glitch in the system., All seems well now. Cheers and thanks again