Wilhelmsen To Head For Southamton ?

dom
14th June 2006, 05:07
norwegian politicians have lost all interest in norwegian shipping claims wilhelmsen's snr,vice president.
in explaining why the co.is dropping the traditional port of registry tonsbeg, in favour of southamton u.k.for many of its new buildings,the vice president said the co.had become frustrated by politicians short term thinking.
we looked at holland as it is more attractive from the ship owning side, but we already have a strong presence in southamton.
southamton is one of the north european hubs for wallenius wilhelmsen logistics,which is part owned by wilh.wilhelmsen.
the norwegian co. has 44 new buildings still to be deliverd,of which at least seven mitsubishi built ships and two from daewoo will be flagged in the u.k.
since nov.2005 wilh.wilhelmsen has been working with norwegian environmental group bellona to enable the co. to become greener,

hawkey01
14th June 2006, 13:03
Now that would be a change. Ships being flagged in UK. Wonder how the crewing goes these days with British flag ships. Do they have to have UK tickets or does anything go? If UK ticket holders, are there enough around?
Am I being cynical do you think? No doubt I will be taken to task by someone.
Hawkey01 (Thumb)

Ron Stringer
14th June 2006, 13:22
Hawkeye01.

See my post of 20 May on thread http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=6163

Ron

hawkey01
14th June 2006, 13:44
Thanks Ron, I had missed that previously.
That answers everything.
Hawkey01