Gone quiet again

Palmship
6th July 2006, 15:42
Hi all, see it's gone quiet again, anyone got any stories from the later days when all the ships were out on charter to Camships and Lloyd Brazil? Here's hoping! Graham

Peter (Pat) Baker
7th July 2006, 12:08
In one of your earlier postings you mentioned Alan Coubrough, a Purser in Palm Line.
Do you know what became of him?.
Alan, Pat Cullen and myself all joined Palm Line as Witers (later Pursers) at the same time. I would love to hear from those two again.
Cheers,
Peter Baker

lakercapt
7th July 2006, 14:27
I remember some of the persons when I was in Palm Line.
Later when things changed did these Pursers take on the duel role as chief stewards,
When I was there the pursers and writers role was completley differant and one of the big chores was compiling cargo out turns.

slick
7th July 2006, 16:35
I was in Palm Line from March 1963 until August 1964 as a Fourth Mate, I remember Alan Couborough on the Badagry Palm.
My memories of Palm Line are all of the best, I did not stay as the Far East China Navigation calling.
It suited me to stay in the Badagry Palm as she was a frequent caller at Tilbury, and I lived at East Ham at the time.
Yours aye,
Slick

Mick farmer
22nd July 2006, 00:38
I was a Junior R/O on the lagos Palm Oct 58 - Jan 59

My first trip to sea It now seems a lifetime away

Mick Farmer

lakercapt
22nd July 2006, 22:21
I think at that time "Badagry Palm" was on the mail run and had a very easy trips compared to the others that did surf and creek ports. Bloody hard work for the mates and you count yourself fortunate.
Not many mates have great things to say about it and I only stayed as it was section "A" and we were paid for study leave. I was gone when I finished my Masters.