The Right Kind of Boy

John_F
19th July 2006, 15:31
Have just started to read "The Right Kind of Boy" by David Thomas which is a very comprehensive history of the British Sea Apprentice from 1830 to 1980. Hope to really get stuck into it on the beach at Blackpool Sands, Devon in a couple of weeks when I'm on holiday. Its over 400 pages including appendices with illustrations in black & white & was published privately by the author.
If anyone is interested in further details (ISBN, availability, etc.,) let me know.
Will let you know what I think of it after my holidays.
Note for Rushie - looks very promising, loads of real life anecdotes!
Regards,
John F.

rushie
19th July 2006, 20:13
Enjoy Blackpool Sands John....and drop me a line....time for a beer in the Old Cherub in Dartmouth me thinks...!!....not forgetting the Res Nova.....

John_F
19th July 2006, 22:38
Enjoy Blackpool Sands John....and drop me a line....time for a beer in the Old Cherub in Dartmouth me thinks...!!....not forgetting the Res Nova.....Rushie,
Will contact you nearer the time. Love to meet up somewhere for a drop of something. In the meantime, I'm off to the Emarald Isle tomorrow for my nephew's wedding - will be back Tuesday so incommunicado for a few days.
Kind regards,
John

thunderd
20th July 2006, 01:19
John please do let us know your comments on the book it sounds like the type of thing I'd be interested in.

billyboy
20th July 2006, 05:02
Blackpol sands eh!... very nice too, and right close handy to the naturists as well. taking the binoculars are we ?...LOL enjoy that nice beach mate. swam there many a time.

John_F
20th July 2006, 05:25
John please do let us know your comments on the book it sounds like the type of thing I'd be interested in.Derek,
Will do. The start is a bit heavy going but its now starting to get really interesting.
Kind regards,
John.