Karachi Harbour December 1971

Quality2
24th July 2006, 14:07
Hello All,
I am new to this site and am searching for anyone that was in Karachi during December 1971 amidst the bombing and missile attacks launched by India against Pakistan.

Best Regards

hawkey01
24th July 2006, 17:07
Fortunately I was not there.
Welcome to the site, I am sure that you will find someone who had the misfortune to be there.
Regards
Hawkey01 (egg)

Pilot mac
24th July 2006, 17:13
I was on a ship that was diverted from Karachi due to the conflict. As far as I remember there were two British ships hit by missiles one I think was the J and C Harrison's 'Harmattan' and an Ellerman ship. There may have even been a third?

regards

steve w
25th July 2006, 18:51
I was on a ship that was diverted from Karachi due to the conflict. As far as I remember there were two British ships hit by missiles one I think was the J and C Harrison's 'Harmattan' and an Ellerman ship. There may have even been a third?

regards

I belive the third ship was the panamanian freighter Gulf Star also a greek ship was left on fire it was called the Zoe.

treeve
25th July 2006, 19:45
Full list of ship losses and damage on pdf file at
http://orbat.com/site/cimh/navy/kills(1971)-2.pdf

Quality2
25th July 2006, 23:37
Many thanks to everyone for your replies I am absolutely amazed at the response.
Best Regards

john z
13th April 2008, 15:00
Hello All,
I am new to this site and am searching for anyone that was in Karachi during December 1971 amidst the bombing and missile attacks launched by India against Pakistan.

Best Regards
hello just joined
my wifes father was the chief engineer on the harmattan at the time of the attack