British Duchess

Fairfield
24th September 2004, 15:46
A bit of self-indulgence here.A piece of my artwork of this 1958 built BP tanker one of the largest at the time at 42000dwt.
She was scrapped in 1978 as PETROLA 25.

tanker
24th September 2004, 16:06
Very good !!!!!!i ll submit some of my pieces of artwork but i must find them
in a my old trunk !!!!!! i am very happy that i am not only the fool of Merchant ships.

Fairfield
24th September 2004, 16:08
Very good !!!!!!i ll submit some of my pieces of artwork but i must find them
in a my old trunk !!!!!! i am very happy that i am not only the fool of Merchant ships.
Thank you for your kind words.It/s good being a fool for Merchant ships.Hope to see your artwork soon.

Alan Blair
11th July 2005, 13:18
This is excellent Paul I like the way she sits in the water, looks as if she's moving -----well done-------------Alan

Fairfield
11th July 2005, 14:49
Thank you indeed,Alan.Coming from you that is much appreciated.

WLH
11th July 2005, 14:54
Like the picture.....were you on board with Captain David Lyle ?, a most
interesting character..............WLH

thunderd
12th July 2005, 01:26
Paul you call it self indulgence, I call it pride in your calling and a generous willingness to share things with other members. I'm no art critic but I can appreciate the effort, time and love that went into your picture. I am amazed at the talents on this site that are beginning to show once one person breaks the ice. I say thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming.

clarkie59
31st December 2007, 18:14
This is excellent Paul I like the way she sits in the water, looks as if she's moving -----well done-------------Alan

Moving, that was a miricle, when I sailed on her we spent an awful lot of time "Broken Down!"