Sending Photographs

Trevorw
22nd August 2006, 14:04
Can anybody help, please? I am trying with no success to upload photographs for inclusion in a posting. No matter what I do, once I get to the "Upload" button, it all goes wrong, i.e. I get the message, "Please wait, file (s) are being uploaded - but nothing ever happens!

A step by step teach in would be very much appreciated!

K urgess
22nd August 2006, 14:09
Trevorw

Did post some hints in the Sparkie pics & braid thread as a reply to one of your posts. If that's no good I'm sure Benji will come up with the goods (Thumb). He usually does.

Cheers

Trevorw
22nd August 2006, 14:17
Thanks I got your reply, but even though I reduce the size, nothing happens!

K urgess
22nd August 2006, 14:28
Right!

How are you choosing the pic in the postin' box?
This is very difficult to explain when you can't look at what is happening!
Idea!
In Additional Options below this text box. There's manage attachments. When you click on this you get another box pop up and it says file to upload. I hadn't realised you could upload so many different things, wow!
Is it one of the valid file types?
Are you typing in the filename or are you browsing?
If you just type in the filename the host (SN) won't know where to look for it! You have to put the whole path to the file as on YOUR computer!
Browsing and then double clicking is easiest.
Can you view the pic with your own software or has it gone byebyes?
Is it maybe your firewall that's holding it up?
Have you tried all of the above?
If you have I surrender. Unless it's something to do with a write protected file (Sad)

benjidog
22nd August 2006, 15:20
Trevor,

I think we need to break the problem down a bit. The problem could be a general one related to uploading anywhere, or related to just to uploading into a forum posting.

As far as I can see from the Gallery you have not posted any photographs there to date (If I am incorrect about this please let me know and I will bang my head against the wall). Could you attempt to make a posting to the Gallery before we dig deeper, then report back your success or failure and any error messages you get.

Most problems getting pictures into normal postings are related to the size of the files but we will look at this if you can post into the Gallery. We need to deal with this step by step.

You can send me a PM if you want instead of doing your dirty washing in public! (*))

Regards,

Brian

thunderd
23rd August 2006, 00:16
Trevor if you have Skype or MSN I'm sure one of the moderators would be happy to try and talk you thru the process blow by blow...so to speak

Trevorw
23rd August 2006, 12:25
One last try to attach a photo!

Doug H
23rd August 2006, 12:28
Yay Trevor!!

Trevorw
23rd August 2006, 12:29
Right!

How are you choosing the pic in the postin' box?
This is very difficult to explain when you can't look at what is happening!
Idea!
In Additional Options below this text box. There's manage attachments. When you click on this you get another box pop up and it says file to upload. I hadn't realised you could upload so many different things, wow!
Is it one of the valid file types?
Are you typing in the filename or are you browsing?
If you just type in the filename the host (SN) won't know where to look for it! You have to put the whole path to the file as on YOUR computer!
Browsing and then double clicking is easiest.
Can you view the pic with your own software or has it gone byebyes?
Is it maybe your firewall that's holding it up?
Have you tried all of the above?
If you have I surrender. Unless it's something to do with a write protected file (Sad)

Geronimo!

Thanks to yours and Benjidog's invaluable help!

flyer682
24th August 2006, 10:10
Another happy camper - well done all. :)

non descript
24th August 2006, 12:46
Well done Trevor and an excellent ship too. (Applause)