lost bar

bobby388
25th August 2006, 01:00
Can any you guys help.
for some reason ive lost the bar at top of screen for back/foward/home etc have i done something do you think or can i get it back if you start telling me in comp lingo im lost pretty green yet im afraid
Regards Bobby.

mcgurggle
25th August 2006, 06:37
Do you still have the blue bar at the top of the screen Bobby?
McG

billyboy
25th August 2006, 09:10
you can try rebooting bobby! (shut down and reopen it)

Frank P
25th August 2006, 09:12
With your computer turned on, try pressing the F11 button.

Frank

bobby388
25th August 2006, 09:32
mcg yes still have blue bar
Frank p tried f11 just jumps few times but not there
Billy if you meanshutting down ive been on and off for a few days
thanks guys
Bobby

john shaw
25th August 2006, 09:46
If you have the line saying file/edit/view etc etc, right click on a blank section on that line.Should bring up "Navigation Toolbar"-- this should have a tick beside it-- if it doesnt,left click on the line Navigation toolbar. Is it back now?

dundalkie
25th August 2006, 09:49
See if this helps. If you have the file edit view favourites tools help bar, go into view, select toolbar and switch on and off the various options on offer. Play around with the options in view and see what the effect is. You cannot damage the computer or programmes. Its how I learnt how to use the computer. Hope this helps

bobby388
25th August 2006, 09:55
John tried that what comes up is
adress
links
ock the toolbars
msn
google
yahoo toolbar
all have ticks beside them

mcgurggle
25th August 2006, 10:07
Have you got 'Standard Buttons' above 'Address Bar' ? If so, Check it with a 'Tick'. Also uncheck 'Lock Toolbars,MSN,Yahoo & Google' temporaraly.
See what happens.
McG

bobby388
25th August 2006, 10:08
See if this helps. If you have the file edit view favourites tools help bar, go into view, select toolbar and switch on and off the various options on offer. Play around with the options in view and see what the effect is. You cannot damage the computer or programmes. Its how I learnt how to use the computer. Hope this helps

Dundalkie tried that as well woder if this has anything to do with it any site i go into i have to max screen only half screen comes up this only started couple days ago was alright before??
thanks again guys Bobby

john shaw
25th August 2006, 10:09
bobby-- I think you are using Internet Explorer?-- and an earlier edition of Windows operating system? Click "View", hover over Toolbars-- does "Standard Buttons" come up in a window to the right,top of list? If so, it should be ticked-- if not, click it to tick it.Any good?

john shaw
25th August 2006, 10:16
also,you mentioned half screen while I was putting the last on. Hover your cursor(little arrow) over the edge--does it change to a 2 way arrow-- if so, drag the edges outward both horizontally and vertically by left clicking and moving the mouse-- any good?- or click on the little lined area bottom right corner,which will pull the display out

bobby388
25th August 2006, 10:30
(Applause) (Applause) (Applause) also,you mentioned half screen while I was putting the last on. Hover your cursor(little arrow) over the edge--does it change to a 2 way arrow-- if so, drag the edges outward both horizontally and vertically by left clicking and moving the mouse-- any good?- or click on the little lined area bottom right corner,which will pull the display out

John you are my hero that did the job mate and yes it is early windows SE and i use int explorer so thanks again and thanks to everyone else(thats what a site like this is all about the comthingie word an all that)
cheers everybody Bobby(Glasgow)

john shaw
25th August 2006, 10:38
bobby--glad it worked-- may I make a suggestion-- using IE is not the most secure of browsers-- if you'd care to search the web for mozilla firefox, download and install that browser,it is more intuitive and also more secure.As it installs it prompts you to transfer all settings etc across, so you shouldn't get stuck.If you do,just go to programmes/accessories/system tools/system restore (check first that system restore is an option with Win98Se, it's a long time since I used that one) and go back to the time before trying a change-- should hold good for any future probs you encounter.They also provide mozilla thunderbird for emails, better and safer than outlook. I'm not sure of your experience with Pcs, don't want to sound patronising, but generally left click commands, right clicks bring up options to investigate or change things.Good luck.