Kaitaki and Purbeck in New Zealand

MrDarrylMan
1st September 2006, 05:54
Does anyone know where the Kaitaki has disappeared to? I see that she is due back in service on the 9th of September. I go past the ferry terminal every day and normally see the Kaitaki around 7.15am loading up. But for the last couple of weeks she hasn't been around. I checked the Interislander website but can not find out any informationas to what is going on.

Also when does the Purbeck head back to England? I see she is been used currently to carry freight across cook straight while the Kaitaki is not around.

flyer682
1st September 2006, 09:19
I believe she is on survey in Australia - Brisbane I think.
PURBECK is on the sale market, but nobody seems to want her.

MrDarrylMan
1st September 2006, 09:49
I wonder if the Interislander Line would be brave enough to keep the Purbeck. Seems a great ship for carrying freight.

Thamesphil
1st September 2006, 13:17
I can confirm that the Purbeck has been sold to a Venezuelan company called Consolidated de Ferrys C.A. (Con Ferry for short). She will be handed over sometime between 25th September and 6th October this year.

Phil

exsailor
2nd September 2006, 11:42
Kaitaki in Cairncross Dry Dock, Brisbane - listed under her registered name 'Challenger'.

John Brown
18th November 2006, 03:40
There is a ship called Challenger, or that is the name on the bow and stern and official documents, which sails from Wellington twice a day.

GaryAndrews
18th November 2006, 18:17
In Swedish but you'll get the idea

http://www.faktaomfartyg.se/isle_of_innisfree_1995.htm

She has recently had her charter to P&O extended for another 5 years, she is sub-chartered to Stena who sub-charter to the Interislander Line...

Matthew
18th November 2006, 19:19
There is a ship called Challenger, or that is the name on the bow and stern and official documents, which sails from Wellington twice a day.

Challenger is Kaitaki. Her official name is Challenger, whilst her marketing name is Kaitaki (Maori for Challenger)