Photo of Dealmouth

firey
3rd September 2006, 10:36
Bumped into a chap the other day who's last trip at sea was on the Denholms ship the Dealmouth. He was a 3rd eng at the time.
I told him about the forum and that it there may a photo of her ,but alas I can't find one and I'm not as good as many on the forum at sourcing such things.Please help lads as it would be a nice suprise for him.

Cheers

Firey

john shaw
3rd September 2006, 15:22
Hi-- there have been several references on this site to Dealmouth,with various details etc.

If this is the correct ship (ie would the early 60s be the correct time?) then the following are details:

built 1949, Haverton Hill yard number 416 as tanker "Eleonora Maersk", 16659dwt. Lloyds No/IMO 5037390
1958 "Janna"
1960 "Seaway Star"
1962 "Dealmouth"
1966 "Frieda"
1978 "Lisboa"
1982 "Theofilos"
1982 "Lembros L"-- scrapped that year

Nobody has so far put a pic of Dealmouth on the site, though some people refer to having been onboard so may be able to help?

Failing that, the ship is referenced whilst "Eleonora Maersk" at The Stockton Museum collection at ref 1.C7, but no photo appears to be available other than possibly by contact with the museum.

Three photos are available to purchase as "Eleonora Maersk" from a French site, mariusbar-photo.com. The photo refs are A 16678/ a 16679/ A16680.

I believe these facts are correct and that they may help you track down a pic

S.Moodie
10th September 2006, 22:50
Photo of Dealmouth (1963) now added to Gallery. Under Cargo Ships...
Regards S. Moodie.

aj hawker
21st November 2006, 14:26
Bumped into a chap the other day who's last trip at sea was on the Denholms ship the Dealmouth. He was a 3rd eng at the time.
I told him about the forum and that it there may a photo of her ,but alas I can't find one and I'm not as good as many on the forum at sourcing such things.Please help lads as it would be a nice suprise for him.

Cheers

Firey

Have poted another similar photo of Dealmouth to this site.
Regards AJ

randcmackenzie
21st November 2006, 23:44
Sailed on her 65/66, and I'm pretty sure it was Jayana, not 'Janna', you could still see the Jahre funnel marking.

gadgee
21st November 2006, 23:57
Link to Dealmouth:-

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery//showphoto.php?photo=40895

and another one of her:-

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/34643/si/dealmouth/what/allfields/whenterm/y