British Courage 1970

Blade Fisher
17th September 2006, 00:10
Anyone who served on the BP tanker British Courage during the summer of 1970 I would like to hear from you.

chris dutfield
25th October 2008, 00:34
Hi.
My first trip as J/E was from August 1970 to the long Durban dry dock.Were you there?

Chris Dutfield

g1noR890025
25th October 2008, 22:00
Hi.
My first trip as J/E was from August 1970 to the long Durban dry dock.Were you there?

Chris Dutfield

Hello Chris. I joined in mid December 1970 in dry dock. Masters name was Willison.I was a steward then and served in the saloon. Were you still there in 71 when we salvaged the Maldive Freedom after an engine failure in the Indian Ocean and towed her to Mombasa ?
I remember joining her very well, our accomodation alleyways were under water !
My next ship was the Tenacity as 2nd cook/baker out of the Isle of Grain with a guy called Terry from Hartlepool. He was Mate/Master. A great bloke to sail with. He used to eat his breakfast in my pantry, did'nt like to embarrass the saloon diners I guess as he liked to have fried tomatoes and everything else that was going all fried together in one great mess and tipped on to his plate. Favouritism you might say. Well he was the boss and great towards me even though I said he was the first live monkey hanger I had ever met(Jester).
Best regards . Gino