QUEEN MARY and QUEEN MARY II

Fairfield
11th October 2004, 06:02
Two shots of Cunard/s QUEEN MARY taken at Southampton in June 1966 during the Seamens' Strike and October 1967 just before she left for Long Beach.
The third shot also in 1966,is of the original QUEEN MARY the 1933 built Clyde steamer which was renamed QUEEN MARY II to release the name for the Cunarder.She reverted to her old name in 1977.
Like her larger namesake,she is also still with us as a pub/restaurant on the Thames Embankment in London.