New Zealand Star

Fairfield
14th October 2004, 07:51
One of the German built Blue Star ships of the late 60s taken in Glasgow in 1970.She was later converted to a container ship and had the Stulcken derricks removed.

david smith
31st October 2004, 13:21
Please see thread Resolution Bay in P&O section. Shows the NZ Star being converted at the Bremer Vulkan yard on the Weser.

dredgermate
10th March 2005, 00:43
she was renamed wellington star about the same time to free up the name for a new box boat

neil maclachlan
16th September 2005, 16:35
Hi Shipmates,
I sailed on the Aussie Star,New Zealand Star and Napier Star from 1950 to 1954,to Oz ,Kiwi Land and South Africa. Hope I may meet up with some of my ex shipmates,a great bunch of guys. Blue Star people, do you remember "Dobbie" who was shore supper at the dock office at Victoria Docks London. This site is surely a nostalgic journey back thru time---thanks.

R58484956
16th September 2005, 17:46
Welcome to the site Neil, I hope your shore supper was not to tough, did you have him in a sandwich or with chips.
There is an excellent Blue Star site @http:/www.bluestarline.org

neil maclachlan
17th September 2005, 17:39
Hi again,the shore supper was a real tough old bird,and as they say in the dear old UK " chips with everthing" I apologise for the spelling mistake,at my age you get away with everthing (except from former school teachers or my dear wife,who is my srongest critic--and generally keeps me right--if she sees it first?)

neil maclachlan
18th September 2005, 18:44
Dear R58484956,
Thank you for guiding me on to the Blue Star web site,it is excellent and have enjoyed browsing thru the pages. I have seen pictures of many of my shipmares I sailed with. Indeed it is a wonderfull and very informative site and I will be spending more time on it as there are lots to read, thanks,
Neil.

terry bayley
2nd April 2014, 16:28
One of the German built Blue Star ships of the late 60s taken in Glasgow in 1970.She was later converted to a container ship and had the Stulcken derricks removed.

Hello to you all. my name is terry bayley. I sailed on the New Zealand star as a s.o.s.dec,1958,to south Africa, then on to N.Z.
As a new member I hope I will get some answers and help.
thanks to you all. I liked the line so much, I went and joined the WELLINGTON STAR, jul 1959, back to NZ
I fell in love with NZ.

DURANGO
27th April 2014, 17:47
Hello to you all. my name is terry bayley. I sailed on the New Zealand star as a s.o.s.dec,1958,to south Africa, then on to N.Z.
As a new member I hope I will get some answers and help.
thanks to you all. I liked the line so much, I went and joined the WELLINGTON STAR, jul 1959, back to NZ
I fell in love with NZ. I paid off her 13th july in Liverpool