M.V. Egremont -HELP NEEDED!!

seddostar
14th October 2006, 12:07
Hi there, i've read on here that some people have been fortunate enough to visit the former Wallasey ferry Egremont at her Salcombe home. I know some have been on board. I am curious to know if she still has her engine telegraphs, binnacle, helm and other equipment on the bridge in the wheelhouse and docking cabs. I know that they were not removed during her 1970's transition for static use following a flood.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Cheers

James

John_F
14th October 2006, 12:56
Hi there, i've read on here that some people have been fortunate enough to visit the former Wallasey ferry Egremont at her Salcombe home. I know some have been on board. I am curious to know if she still has her engine telegraphs, binnacle, helm and other equipment on the bridge in the wheelhouse and docking cabs. I know that they were not removed during her 1970's transition for static use following a flood.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Cheers

James
James,
Rushie, a member of this site, will be able to help you as I know he has been aboard her at Salcombe.
Kind regards,
John F.

rushie
15th October 2006, 03:59
Cheers John for passing on the info to James.

We've been conversing by PM.

For the benefit of others, I'm afraid to report that she doesn't have any bridge fittings left, and I do not believe they were there when she left the Mersey. The orirginal wheelhouse is still intact though...and has bunk beds if some may wish to enjoy some real ships nostalgia..!!

Rushie

seddostar
17th October 2006, 21:41
Apparently the bridge fittings were removed as spares for the other ferries at the time and i am told that are now in storage as part of Mersey Ferries collection. It would upset me though to step on to a bridge without its 'heart' now so to speak. If the vessel were in preservation it would be possible to re-create the bridge deck, now that would be something.