british patrol

sam
20th October 2004, 02:54
hi, trying to get in touch with an old ship mate ,j.macfadden .came from easterhouse in glasgow. we went to the vindi together in 1964,august;sept;
joined first ship the regent falcon together, then we joined the british patrol.
lost touch after march 1965 would like to meet up again.anybody know him?
s.taylor

Fairfield
20th October 2004, 06:38
Hi Sam,welcome to Ships Nostalgia.Hopefully someone might be able to help you in due course.Enjoy the site and if you have any photos of your time at sea would be interested to see them.

Paul

Steve
20th October 2004, 11:59
Hello Sam welcome to SN

sam
22nd October 2004, 20:58
Hi Sam,welcome to Ships Nostalgia.Hopefully someone might be able to help you in due course.Enjoy the site and if you have any photos of your time at sea would be interested to see them.

Paul
Hi Paul,only photos I have are ones sent to me by a guy called Ian Coombe
came across him on an other MN site. the ships that I sailed on were ,
Regent Falcon,Esso Salisbury,British Patrol,Baltic Express,British Mariner,
Rochester Castle,Singularity,Sugar Carrier,also worked by on Port Hobart
and Cunard Sumaria.only have photos of R. Falcon E Salisbury R Castle
and Singularity.also have one of the Mariner but it is the one built before
the one that I sailed on.sorry Im not proficient enough on the computer
to send them to you,thanks for the reply anyway all the best,Sam Taylor.

Fairfield
22nd October 2004, 21:56
Thanks Sam-you/ve been on a few.There/s a pic of SUGAR CARRIER in the Gallery somewhere.

HFHMaine
29th December 2012, 16:47
Hello Sam. I was looking for something on the Sumaria on this site and came across your post. My mother came to the US on the Sumaria as one of the children "evacuees" in 1941. Might you have been on board? There is an old family story of the Sumaria being hit by a dud torpedo during the trip. Hugh

R58484956
30th December 2012, 13:23
Greetings Hugh and welcome to SN from across the pond. Bon voyage.

ninabaker
30th December 2012, 14:33
Sam,
Is your pal thought to still be in the Glasgow area? If so, and you could provide more info, I could check the electoral rolls? I am a glasgow city councillor and have easy access to them.
nina