City of Philadelphia (7591g/1949)

nigelcollett
19th October 2006, 19:01
Hi all

Has anybody got a picture of the City of Philadelphia the could let me have?

I have managed to acquire pics of the rest of the class but am missing this one.

Tks

Regards

NigelC

treeve
19th October 2006, 23:10
http://www.hjcards.co.uk/older.htm
has one for £4 ....

nigelcollett
20th October 2006, 09:30
Hi Raymond

Tks for the pointer, didn,t like not having a full set!

Hope your well

Regards

NigelC

PEARCAY
6th February 2007, 14:45
Dear Mr Collet, I have a painting of the city of Philadelphia done by the captain I believe and given to my father - somewhat naive but can send you photo if you wish. kind regards.
c. phillips - (code: pearcay)

nigelcollett
8th February 2007, 16:48
Hi Pearcay

Many thanks for the offer, yes I would be interested. Are you thinking of sending a photo through the postal service or electronically. Please let me know so I let you have the relevent address

Regards

NigelC

Derek Hudson
9th February 2007, 02:21
I have several photos of the Philadelphia. If you give me your address I can send a CD with about 1200 photos of Ellerman ships, common objects like ashtrays & teapots etc.

nigelcollett
9th February 2007, 09:56
Hi Derek,

Your a star, I'll send you a message via PM with my address.

Regards

NigelC

Ron Stringer
9th February 2007, 11:59
In 2005 & 2006 I posted enquiries in this thread, trying to contact any former Ellerman apprentices that sail on the "City of Lucknow". This arose from an email exchange with Paul Wood concerning his http://www.rakaia.co.uk/ website of British shipping companies' training ships. When I had asked him why there was no mention of the CofL, he replied that he didn't know of her but that he would welcome any input (photos, anecdotes, descriptions of life aboard etc.) from former apprentices that would enable him to create a page for the vessel.

I have just received an email from Paul alerting me to the addition of just such a page onto his site. The information came from Terry Lyons, who was not an apprentice but was the Instructional Chief Officer on the ship when I was there. He had responsibility for the instruction and well-being of the apprentices.

Any of you former Ellerman people might like to check out the new page and are welcome to submit any info that might expand it.