City Of Toronto

Fairfield
22nd October 2004, 08:58
Built on Tyneside but can/t remember her original name.Photographed in 1976 off Greenock outbound from Glasgow.
I think she was renamed because of a Canadian service that Ellerman had a part of.Some of the ships had a red funnel with a red maple leaf in a white diamond background.

david smith
22nd October 2004, 10:14
City of Toronto was built in 1962 (9704tg) as City of Eastbourne before transferring to the Canadian City Line in 1971. She was sold to Singapore interests and renamed Kota Catinic

Fairfield
22nd October 2004, 11:06
Thanks David-had it mind she was CITY OF ADELAIDE but she was Clyde built.Nice big ships.

tanker
23rd October 2004, 00:24
Very good my friends, her sister had the same life built as CITY OF GLASGOW she become CITY OF OTTAWA and termineted her life as KOTA CAHAYA .

Fergus 62
2nd March 2005, 13:56
Built on Tyneside but can/t remember her original name.Photographed in 1976 off Greenock outbound from Glasgow.
I think she was renamed because of a Canadian service that Ellerman had a part of.Some of the ships had a red funnel with a red maple leaf in a white diamond background.
Fairfield

Just noticed this picture City of Totonto was originally "City of Eastbourne" had a sister "City of Glasgow" (I did several trips on her) which became "City of Ottowa"
Rgds
Fergus62