Radio College

skymaster
30th October 2006, 21:24
Can anyone remember a MN Radio College in Hamble,Southampton UK in the 1950's?

Mike

BrynW
30th October 2006, 23:00
Can anyone remember a MN Radio College in Hamble,Southampton UK in the 1950's?

Mike
Mike, Yes I can remember its existence but cannot tell you anything about it, there are quite a few knowledgeable ex Sparks on the Wireless College Colwyn Bay website where I went. Try that site and you may get a few guys coming back to you.
Regards
BrynW

Doug H
31st October 2006, 03:05
Mike: It was part of the "Air Service Training" or "AST" establishment at Hamble and was officially "The School of Marine Radio and Radar".
I attach a flyer from the fifties (I did my traing there 1952-1953). Marconi also used to run their Pre-Sea Training courses for newly-qualified R/Os and also their Radar Training courses for serving R/Os at the college.
The whole establishment moved to Bristol in the late sixties or seventies.
Was there any specific query you had about it?

skymaster
31st October 2006, 15:07
Mike: It was part of the "Air Service Training" or "AST" establishment at Hamble and was officially "The School of Marine Radio and Radar".
I attach a flyer from the fifties (I did my traing there 1952-1953). Marconi also used to run their Pre-Sea Training courses for newly-qualified R/Os and also their Radar Training courses for serving R/Os at the college.
The whole establishment moved to Bristol in the late sixties or seventies.
Was there any specific query you had about it?

I was considering going there in 1955 but went to Brocklebanks as a deck Apprentice instead.I went down there for an interview,but can't remember much about it.Thanks!

Mike