AVG Free

Keltic Star
11th November 2006, 07:46
Had a Pop Up this evening from AVG announcing that AVG Free Version 7.1 will be discontinued as of Jan 15 2007. New Version 7.5 is available from the AVG website.

Redhead6
12th November 2006, 16:21
Still free though!

calvin
13th November 2006, 19:43
still free and more up to date have reinstalled the new version find it good

Sebe
14th November 2006, 14:58
Have a look at this one - I am told it is also very good.

http://www.freedownloadpage.com/avast/

Sebe

stein
6th December 2006, 08:48
I've installed the new version and every day when I turn my pc on I get the information from AVG that I must restart the computer to finish the update. I wonder wether this is just a temporary nuisance, or perhaps a constant feature of the new free version to make it less attractive? Anybody with the same experience? Stein

Frank P
6th December 2006, 09:18
I've installed the new version and every day when I turn my pc on I get the information from AVG that I must restart the computer to finish the update. I wonder wether this is just a temporary nuisance, or perhaps a constant feature of the new free version to make it less attractive? Anybody with the same experience? Stein

I have been running the new version for 2 weeks and after the first day I have never been asked to restart the computer, it sounds like you have a problem, maybe you should uninstall AVG and then reinstall it and see if that works.

Frank(Thumb)

billyboy
6th December 2006, 11:47
dont know where you chaps get the new free edition, i cant find it anywhere. Avg tells ma it will discontinue the existing and replace it with a later edition, when i clik for the upgrade i get a list to choose fromm, all of which must be paid for. where is the free upgrade? Ilove the AVG system and its daily updates. but damned if i can find a free upgrade of it. when it runs out in January i will just have to shop around for another system

TaffTech
6th December 2006, 12:47
dont know where you chaps get the new free edition, i cant find it anywhere. Avg tells ma it will discontinue the existing and replace it with a later edition, when i clik for the upgrade i get a list to choose fromm, all of which must be paid for. where is the free upgrade? Ilove the AVG system and its daily updates. but damned if i can find a free upgrade of it. when it runs out in January i will just have to shop around for another system

http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html

treeve
6th December 2006, 13:57
I have been using AVG Free with no probs for years; last year I got a message from a friend that there was an update due and that I would
have to update the prog; which I duly did when it was available, all ran
smoothly from the start; but I have never had a pop-up message.

billyboy
7th December 2006, 06:41
http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html

managed to get the new version off that site Taff tech. many thanks mate.

stein
7th December 2006, 08:53
I have been running the new version for 2 weeks and after the first day I have never been asked to restart the computer, it sounds like you have a problem, maybe you should uninstall AVG and then reinstall it and see if that works.

Frank(Thumb)

Thanks Frank. Now I've downloaded another file of the AVG free, and I was planning to open it after removing the one installed. But then, after five days, today: no problems! Computers sometimes act in mysterious ways I guess. At least; now I'm ready, should it start to act up again. Stein

sabinecastle
18th December 2006, 10:36
I got AVG to, but its updates many times.. and the scanning is very slow :(