Uncle Ron's Teaspoons

cessna
12th November 2006, 17:02
Passing through London on your way home, you were (as Nav.Apps), encouraged to call in at Britannic House and have a natter with the bods in the Apprentices' Training Division. Capt.Marsh (Uncle Ron) and his cohorts always made you very welcome - tea and tabnabs etc. On our part, we were always collecting trophies (nicking things!) and a teaspoon from here was the tops. On my last visit in 1959 the teaspoon was on the end of a three foot chain. Did anyone have any success?

macjack
1st December 2006, 16:15
Passing through London on your way home, you were (as Nav.Apps), encouraged to call in at Britannic House and have a natter with the bods in the Apprentices' Training Division. Capt.Marsh (Uncle Ron) and his cohorts always made you very welcome - tea and tabnabs etc. On our part, we were always collecting trophies (nicking things!) and a teaspoon from here was the tops. On my last visit in 1959 the teaspoon was on the end of a three foot chain. Did anyone have any success?

Well, Well, Cessna,
Are you refering to one of these ? LOL.
Regards,
Mac.

cessna
13th December 2006, 15:07
Hiya Macjack, sorry but this doesn't qualify as genuine articles had a hole drilled at the end of the handle in order to bolt on about one fathom of chain (Britannic House anchor cable!)
Cheers
Rod

macjack
13th December 2006, 16:22
Hiya Macjack, sorry but this doesn't qualify as genuine articles had a hole drilled at the end of the handle in order to bolt on about one fathom of chain (Britannic House anchor cable!)
Cheers
Rod
Rod,
In my day there was no need to chain them down, we were all trustworthy GENTLEMEN,LOL wonder who broke the mould?. Whilst talking of apprentices I had a long chat with with Stuart LeFevre last night. I'm hoping he will clamber aboard Shipsnostalgia, he will soon be taking a cruise onaboard Arcadia", Master of "Arcadia" ? Keith Dowds one of his BP Apprentices, when he was head of the apprentice training scheme,he said at one time they had 500 undergoing training - what happened? bet he'll enjoy the cruise.
Regards,
Mac.