Hi

Marcus Cardew
30th October 2004, 15:57
I served my time on deck with Cunard Line, Brocklbanks out of Liverpool 1966 to 1975, then 8 years with manned submersibles and ROV's in N.Sea..

R798780
30th October 2004, 18:19
Hi Marcus

Your name rings a bell. So does St Erme - is that you?
I left Luxor at bandar mashar about April '75 and I've got the names sort of connected but the mists of time, etc. I was 2nd mate then

Regards

HRS

Fairfield
30th October 2004, 19:23
Hi Marcus and welcome to SN-hope you find it of interest.As you/ve no doubt found out there are a few ex Brocklebank men about.
Incidentally did any ex Brock out there come across Jim Pottinger in their travels?

Steve
31st October 2004, 17:04
Hello Marcus and welcome.

Marcus Cardew
1st November 2004, 20:42
Hi Marcus

Your name rings a bell. So does St Erme - is that you?
I left Luxor at bandar mashar about April '75 and I've got the names sort of connected but the mists of time, etc. I was 2nd mate then

Regards

HRS

Yes, this is Sn'erme here. I was on the Luxor as second mate in 1974 I think. Then I went back onto the Causeway and Conveyor, 'til I went into the North Sea in April 75.

R798780
3rd November 2004, 07:01
Hi Marcus

I got the name right, you got the year. In April '75 I was joining Lumiere at Ras Tanurah, so it was April '74 I left Luxor. I think John Watson was old man, and Alex someone was mate, but I just can't get the "someone".

Regards

HRS

Marcus Cardew
3rd November 2004, 17:54
That's right. I first sailed with John Watson when he was mate on the Maturata. Alex was the Mate, I sailed with him a few times on the coast. He was from a family of untertakers in Anglesey. His Surname is on the tip of my tongue!.... I'll work on it....