Furness Karumba

leo hannan
15th November 2006, 20:48
This ones for you Tonga.
What do you know about the "Furness Karumba"? I came across a photo of her the other day. I can only assume that she is on charter to Furness as she has their Trident on the funnel.
Regards
Leo (Thumb)

Thamesphil
15th November 2006, 22:12
Furness Kurumba is owned by Japanese owner Biko Kisen and long-term chartered to Furness Withy Australia. FWA also have four other handymax bulkers on T/C, details can be found here:

http://www.furnesswithy.co.uk/Australia.html

FWA is a subsidiary of London and Melbourne based Furness Withy (Chartering) Ltd., which is itself a company controlled by the German food to banking empire of R.A. Oetker.

Phil

non descript
16th November 2006, 08:19
Well done Phil, nice one. (Thumb)

leo hannan
16th November 2006, 10:23
Furness Kurumba is owned by Japanese owner Biko Kisen and long-term chartered to Furness Withy Australia. FWA also have four other handymax bulkers on T/C, details can be found here:

http://www.furnesswithy.co.uk/Australia.html

FWA is a subsidiary of London and Melbourne based Furness Withy (Chartering) Ltd., which is itself a company controlled by the German food to banking empire of R.A. Oetker.

Phil

Good morning Phil.
Many thanks for the quick response. I didn't even know there was a FWA. Just goes to show what happens when you're out of the industry. Tonga is the lucky one' He's still in it
Regards
Leo (Thumb)

Thamesphil
16th November 2006, 11:11
Good morning Phil.
Many thanks for the quick response. I didn't even know there was a FWA. Just goes to show what happens when you're out of the industry. Tonga is the lucky one' He's still in it
Regards
Leo (Thumb)

No problem Leo ........I'm also lucky enough to be still in it, in a similar environment to Tonga. Though judging by his profile he's been doing it longer than I have.

Phil

non descript
16th November 2006, 22:38
Phil,

I'm not sure, but maybe on the 7th December we will find out (*))

Thamesphil
16th November 2006, 22:45
Phil,

Tonga,

You've got me thinking now(?HUH)

Phil

leo hannan
17th November 2006, 12:40
Phil,

What's happening on the 7th Dec Tonga, do you know something we don't?
Regards
Leo (Thumb)