Australia Star

shaun
23rd November 2006, 21:36
I was on Maiden Voyage of the Aussie Star in 1968/9 and have no pics of her anyone help. Also any crew contacts from that period would be useful. I was galley boy and had a superb trip. Sadly I was hospitalized in Perth befor homeward trip and retunred later on Southland Star. Same questions please.

hawkey01
23rd November 2006, 23:09
Shaun,
look at the Bluestar web site www.bluestarline.org.
Regards
Hawkey01

sailingday
1st December 2007, 12:56
I was on Maiden Voyage of the Aussie Star in 1968/9 and have no pics of her anyone help. Also any crew contacts from that period would be useful. I was galley boy and had a superb trip. Sadly I was hospitalized in Perth befor homeward trip and retunred later on Southland Star. Same questions please.

My maiden voyage was on the Australia Star, january 1951, a 4 month trip turned into 9 months due to the kiwi dock strike. I was a galley boy, and I'm sure if the trip had only been as intended, it would have been my last, but the extra 5 months did me a power of good and I stayed at sea for another 11 years.

Jacyn Wade
9th October 2011, 20:06
Hi Shaun, my father, Ron Wade, was Bosun on the Australia Star from June 5 to 24, 1968. Not sure if your time on Aussie Star included these dates but if so, do you remember Ron Wade?