Mailing photos as PM or mail.

stein
4th December 2006, 13:56
A member has asked me through a private message for information regarding a painting by Jack Spurling. I see it as the easy way to photograph the painting and the text by Basil Lubbock that originally accompanied it, and mail the member these. I have made the photographs, have got them on my pc, but there it stops. Had I an e-mail adress I might have used my picasa program to just mail the pictures, but without it, I am lost. Help? Stein.

JoK
4th December 2006, 14:11
upload it to photobucket and send the link?

www.photobucket.com

stein
4th December 2006, 14:43
Thanks JoK. I have seen it used on these pages by known computer experts, so it must be the right way. Did not know it was for free, so I wondered about it, but now I'll become a member - when I'm through searching for alarming fine print... Stein

benjidog
4th December 2006, 16:04
Stein,

Alternatively you could send the member a PM and ask him to send you his private email address back by PM. If he wants the pics he will probably pass it on to you. It is safe in a PM as nobody else can see it, but we strongly discourage anyone posting email addresses in the forums as they can be picked up by spammers and you might get deluged with crap.

Regards,

Brian

stein
4th December 2006, 17:42
Brian. This is what happened; he read my post here, gave me his e-mail adress, and I sent the pictures to that adress. Problem solved. But this photobucket stuff may still have it's uses. Thanks for wanting to help. Stein

stein
7th December 2006, 12:01
upload it to photobucket and send the link?

www.photobucket.com

I've now tried Photobucket, and well,- it works, but only with some dreadful ads: the blinking "you must!" type. I've seen that there are alternatives out there, anybody with other suggestions? Stein.