7th December 2006, 16:22
HI
Anyone sail on her,and or have any photos
United Baltic Corporation

Thamesphil
7th December 2006, 16:50
How many Baltic Osprey's did UBC have? There's this one here:

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=9028

I also have a photo of the same ship, but it's unscanned at the moment. If it's the Baltic Osprey to which you refer, I will happily scan it and upload here, time permitting.

Cheers
Phil

Baltic Wal
7th December 2006, 18:02
UBC only had one OSPREY, they only had three ships named after birds, Eagle Osprey and Swift. The Osprey was the odd one out of the three as she was not built for the company.

Baltic Wal
7th December 2006, 18:08
Sorry, forgot, Tern and Eider, buth built for UBC.

Eagle and Eider RoRo, Tern and Osprey "Container" while the Swift was older general cargo Bridge midships engines aft.

dondoncarp
8th December 2006, 15:45

I also have a photo of the same ship, but it's unscanned at the moment. If it's the Baltic Osprey to which you refer, I will happily scan it and upload here, time permitting.

Cheers
Phil
many thanks for that,it is the one,spent a good couple of years on her running out of Tilbury to Leningrad and gdynia

Shaun_Donnelly
25th March 2007, 03:59

Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the photo, I spent a couple of years on the Osprey in the early 80's, the OP, dondoncarp, actually replaced me on there when I moved on to Baltic Eagle. I transferred because Osprey was 3 weeks on/10 day off while Eagle was 3 weeks on/3 weeks off for the same salary! work that one out. (K)

I would really appreciate it if you could upload the other pic that you have.

Regards,

Shaun

Jon2211
1st January 2013, 16:56
I joined the Baltic Osprey as Deck Boy in June 1981 sailing to Leningrad. I transferred to the Eagle then back to Osprey and then to the Progress.

Jon2211
3rd January 2013, 07:18
I recall the bosun at the time was Budgie and the AB's were Steve, Bob and I think that the relief Bosun when Budgie was ashore was Alan (I think). I had my 18th birthday on board. Had some great trips ashore in Leningrad going to the Brigantine.

dondoncarp
7th January 2013, 18:39
I recall the bosun at the time was Budgie and the AB's were Steve, Bob and I think that the relief Bosun when Budgie was ashore was Alan (I think). I had my 18th birthday on board. Had some great trips ashore in Leningrad going to the Brigantine.

I done nearly 2 years on her 85/86ish,budgie was still bosun Bob hanson was an AB,he married a russian,he used to have long hair and a sweat band,Tim Masters was relief bosun,bear with the footage on ships nos TV,part 4 shows the engine room,then the picture goes off a bit,then its some of the crew including myself and budgie
Regards
martin