Last sailing of the Stena Discovery

Hawkeye
8th January 2007, 00:24
Hi
Today (8th Jan), the Stena Discovery will make her last trip on the Harwich - Hook run. She will depart at 10.30 from Harwich.
There is a party of Stena officals & press onboard the Brit. Their intension is to sail on the last crossing. Some of the media will be coming back on this ship, so as to photograph it passing us. This she usually does twice.

Regards
Karl

cambria49
13th January 2007, 09:24
Hi Hawkeye,

Trust it all went well? What now for Discovery? Is Holyhead still expecting her? Last I heard was she would remain at Hoek until such time that the Dutch linkspan was required for the new terminal at Cairnryan. She would then move to the Welsh port.

So, the two new giants for Harwich. Wonder what that means for Britannica? Can't help feeling Holyhead will figure in the game somewhere. The Seatrader seems to be carrying; so I would think she would be replaced to offer a service comensurate with the Adventurer.

GaryAndrews
14th January 2007, 21:21
Hi Hawkeye,

Trust it all went well? What now for Discovery? Is Holyhead still expecting her? Last I heard was she would remain at Hoek until such time that the Dutch linkspan was required for the new terminal at Cairnryan. She would then move to the Welsh port.

So, the two new giants for Harwich. Wonder what that means for Britannica? Can't help feeling Holyhead will figure in the game somewhere. The Seatrader seems to be carrying; so I would think she would be replaced to offer a service comensurate with the Adventurer.

The 'Discovery is heading for Belfast this week for overhaul then I *think* is Holyhead bound for lay-up. Last week Pim de Lange (apologies if I've spelt his name wrong) said that the linkspans at Harwich and the Hook may be sold with the ship if anybody wants to buy them and the Discovery.

I reckon the current Harwich ships will head to the Sweden - Poland route (which was also in the running for the newbuilds). This may mean the STENA NORDICA (ex EUROPEAN AMBASSADOR) heading back to the Irish Sea...

Matthew
15th January 2007, 17:35
This may mean the STENA NORDICA (ex EUROPEAN AMBASSADOR) heading back to the Irish Sea...

Stranraer (Cairnryan by that time) - Belfast?

Coastie
15th January 2007, 18:07
Is the Discovery coming to replace the Explorer?

GaryAndrews
15th January 2007, 19:23
Stranraer (Cairnryan by that time) - Belfast?

Possibly too big for the berth Stena are to use at Cairnryan but I could be wrong.

Hawkeye
16th January 2007, 13:58
Hi Cambria

I don't have any info on where the Discovery has gone, we are rather busy preparing for your own trip to Germany on Thursday (18th). I will endeavour to find out.
I don't have internet access at home so I could be off line for about six weeks.

Regards
Karl

Matthew
16th January 2007, 14:31
Is the Discovery coming to replace the Explorer?

No, she's supposedly proceeding to Holyhead to lay-up.

Hawkeye
16th January 2007, 23:05
Hi

The Stena Discovery is still in the Hook. She was there when my own ship docked.
Karl

GaryAndrews
17th January 2007, 20:35
The STENA DISCOVERY is now due to depart the Hook Saturday at the earliest and there is now talk she will be laid up at Belfast.

R831814
6th September 2008, 21:37
Still in Belfast?

hsc viking
11th September 2008, 17:09
Yes she is still laid up in belfast