T&J Harrison's NATURALIST

Fairfield
24th November 2004, 22:01
One of a series built in Sweden for this old established Liverpool company seen heading for Glasgow in May 1976 taken from UGANDA.
Some of these Harrison vessels were sold to China and changed hands in Glasgow.Will look out shots.

tanker
25th November 2004, 13:58
All the five sisters STATENSMAN-DISCOVERER-NATURALIST-NOVELIST and
PHILOSOPHER was sold to China in 1977.NATURALIST became YICHANG and
all sisters terminated their life after middle 90s.

Robin C
27th June 2009, 16:46
I remember being on the Naturalist in drydock in Middlesbrough (I think!) prior to her being sold to the Chinese. We were sat in the bar watching the TV when they announced that Elvis had died. So whenever people talk about knowing where they were when Elvis died, I always think of the Naturalist. I did my first deep sea voyage on her and my last one, with a few other ships in between. Happy memories.

Fieldsy
29th June 2009, 12:14
I remember being on the Naturalist in drydock in Middlesbrough (I think!) prior to her being sold to the Chinese. We were sat in the bar watching the TV when they announced that Elvis had died. So whenever people talk about knowing where they were when Elvis died, I always think of the Naturalist. I did my first deep sea voyage on her and my last one, with a few other ships in between. Happy memories.

Similar - I was on the Warrior (also Harrison Line) approaching Adelaide when we heard John Lennon had been shot. Never sailed on the Naturalist but did my first couple of trips on the Novelist and later sailed on the Statesman.