Where are they now?

Portred
1st February 2007, 04:30
Ex-Brocklebank Crew Members.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a T.N.Dudman who sailed as 2/O on the Mahout in 1974? (He was a Pipe smoker!)

Also, Ken Rutter 3/E from Byker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, he was on the Mahout at the same time?

There are more names that come into my head periodically, Dave Coombes
2nd/E, Bill Sherratt C/E, Fred Paynter C/E (ex-Cunard old QM).

I'll come up with a few others in due course.

What about all the Sri Lankans who sailed under the ''Colombo Plan'', anyone ever hear from them?

pilot
1st February 2007, 09:05
[QUOTE=Portred;105378]Ex-Brocklebank Crew Members.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a T.N.Dudman who sailed as 2/O on the Mahout in 1974? (He was a Pipe smoker!)

Portred.

Norman Dudman's with Conoco at Tetney (U.K) He's head of the marine section. Responsible for the SBM located in the Humber.

Very rare that we see him out at the SBM these days. Last sighting Norman was no longer sporting a pipe.

Brgds.

Neil F
20th December 2007, 11:22
Wrong Norman. It is Norman Dibbit who is at Tetney

I sailed with Norman (duddie boots) Dudman on Markhor in 1974/5 and not heard of him since.

john g
27th December 2007, 21:07
Knew Norman Dibbit when he was an app can't reall which vessel, heard many years ago Dave Coombes was something to do with a cold store again I can't add to that other than the fact Dave was noted for falling in the dock, off a Cunard boat, I think in Liverpool ,I was an app with Dave but haven't seen him since college days.
Does anyone recall Peter Sumpton 3/O about that time?.