J. Erfurt, from Hamburg, Germany

J. ERFURT
3rd December 2004, 12:41
So,
hello altogether,
hope my english is not so rusty...

found this page a few days ago. Guess I can find so help to help me out in finding informations about the history as well as technical informations of so many ships a had photographed about 20 years ago in the port of Hamburg. And also of the ships I have pictured during my time at sea between 1985 and 1997. Will try to post a few pictures in the next days. Most of all right now I like to find all kind of infos about the cargo ship "LANKA KEERTI" former "DARTBANK" (scrapped in 1985 at Gadani Beach, took a picture of this ship in Hamburg in 1981). I also like to get infos of the turbine tanker "WORLD IDEAL", build in 1957 for the Atlantic Transportation Co. Inc. (Niarchos) Shipyard: „Nagasaki Works Mitsubishi Shipbuilding & Engineering Co., Ltd.”, Japan. Yard-Number: 1463. I urgently need a picture of this tanker. I'm able to help out with technical drawings of many cargo liners (reefer, container, special carriers and so on) from Germany and of some international ones. I'm 40 years old and I sailed for many german companies as 3'rd and 2'nd engineer before I joined the Hamburg Waterways Police.
Hope somebody can help me out with informations of the above mentioned vessels. Hope to hear from somebody soon. Send a private mail to erfman@t-online.de

Ron B Manderson
3rd December 2004, 12:54
So,
hello altogether,
hope my english is not so rusty...

found this page a few days ago. Guess I can find so help to help me out in finding informations about the history as well as technical informations of so many ships a had photographed about 20 years ago in the port of Hamburg. And also of the ships I have pictured during my time at sea between 1985 and 1997. Will try to post a few pictures in the next days. Most of all right now I like to find all kind of infos about the cargo ship "LANKA KEERTI" former "DARTBANK" (scrapped in 1985 at Gadani Beach, took a picture of this ship in Hamburg in 1981). I also like to get infos of the turbine tanker "WORLD IDEAL", build in 1957 for the Atlantic Transportation Co. Inc. (Niarchos) Shipyard: „Nagasaki Works Mitsubishi Shipbuilding & Engineering Co., Ltd.”, Japan. Yard-Number: 1463. I urgently need a picture of this tanker. I'm able to help out with technical drawings of many cargo liners (reefer, container, special carriers and so on) from Germany and of some international ones. I'm 40 years old and I sailed for many german companies as 3'rd and 2'nd engineer before I joined the Hamburg Waterways Police.
Hope somebody can help me out with informations of the above mentioned vessels. Hope to hear from somebody soon. Send a private mail to erfman@t-online.de

Welcome

As they say on tele "no But I know a man that can"
Over to our expert TANKER
our thing in life is to stump him .
Has never happened yet
"will this be the one "" ?????? I doubt it lol
Ron

julian anstis
3rd December 2004, 12:55
Hello and welcome J nice to have you aboard,

I'm sure Tanker will be searching his archives as we speak!.

Best regards Julian

Ron B Manderson
3rd December 2004, 12:56
Hello and welcome J nice to have you aboard,

I'm sure Tanker will be searching his archives as we speak!.

Best regards Julian
Hi Julian
You took the words right out my big mouth
Best regards
Ron

Fairfield
3rd December 2004, 15:26
Nice to see you on the site.I/m sure our experts will soon be able to help you!!

Enjoy!

tanker
3rd December 2004, 15:36
Hello from Italy!
I will do all possible to help you!!!
Hi
Gp

Doug Rogers
4th December 2004, 07:17
Hi,
Welcome to the growing band and hope that you are enjoying the site. Interested to see you mention the Dartbank, I was due to sail on her from Hamburg (1962) when she was very new but due to an accident never did. I often wondered what happened to her and now I know that she went the run of so many others at Gadani Beach!!. She was a nice ship and I am glad that she lasted until 85 - no mean feat with the rampant containerisation that took over so many routes and areas.
Cheers...Doug

aadje
5th December 2004, 00:52
Wishing Mr. Erfurt a warm welcome on this web.
Unfortunately I am unable to meet your requirements, however looking forward seeing your photographs from the past when at sea and if no objections because of your present job photographs from ships in port (Hamburg) no doubt are also welcome.

b/regards
Aadje
(former employee agency seatrade rotterdam)

Doug Rogers
5th December 2004, 03:30
Viewed your posted picture of the Dartbank in the Gallery..good stuff but she looks a lot older than when I left her but its good to know she lasted until 85.
Hope the computer problems are fixed now