RFA Resurgent

CEYLON220
3rd February 2007, 15:48
(Thumb) What was the fate of the Resurgent? She was our supply ship out in the Far East 1958/9 and I had some good mates aboard her, on my 21st birthday at Manila,Philipines,a motor boat came along side the ship HMS Ceylon and took me to the Resurgent along with a couple of mates to celebrate my b/day.One of the cabins was stacked up with beer in cans, by the time we left those cans had disappeared, how the h------ we all got back to our ship passed the Officer on duty with out any of us being put on charge-----he maybe had the Nelson touch"Turned a blind eye"---, if any of the lads come across this site and remember that night and know of me,get in touch.

clankie
4th February 2007, 15:36
Resurgent was laid up in Rosyth for de-storing in the autumn of 1979 then sold and scrapped at Gijon in northern Spain during 1981. (Thumb)

jbryce
5th February 2007, 20:41
RFA Resurgent was the bringer of all good things, especially Tiger beer[=P]

susanmec
17th August 2007, 22:47
Resurgent was laid up in Rosyth for de-storing in the autumn of 1979 then sold and scrapped at Gijon in northern Spain during 1981. (Thumb)

I was one of six who was at rosyth for layup

ab steven metcalfe
ab paul clarke
ab ezz
bosun from newcastle ?
ab ?
ab ?

Cymru am byth
15th February 2009, 23:46
I was at Rosyth for the lay up as one of the six. My name's Paul Clark. The bosun was a bloke called John. Also thinking that Keith Weatherspoon and Keith Clarke were the other two ab's. Not 100% though. Who are you though?

Matt Jordan
16th February 2009, 19:12
I was one of six who was at rosyth for layup

ab steven metcalfe
ab paul clarke
ab ezz
bosun from newcastle ?
ab ?
ab ?

Ezz? if he was from Manchester, he only retired a couple of years ago, he made bosuns mate in RFA, a bloody good seaman and all round nice bloke.(Thumb)

Cymru am byth
16th February 2009, 22:32
Ezz? if he was from Manchester, he only retired a couple of years ago, he made bosuns mate in RFA, a bloody good seaman and all round nice bloke.(Thumb)
Tidy bloke ezza was. I sailed with him a couple of times and I have nothing but admiration for him.

CEYLON220
24th February 2009, 23:38
Any crew members from the 1958/9 commission RFA RESURGENTout there?

sparkie2182
25th February 2009, 00:08
"" A bloody good seaman and all round nice bloke "".

"" I sailed with him a couple of times and i have nothing but admiration for him ""

what more can a man ask for to be remembered in life?

i never knew him.........my loss

Lancastrian
25th February 2009, 09:13
"Any crew members from the 1958/9 commission RFA RESURGENTout there?"
There is a photo from 1959 here - http://rfaaplymouth.org/copperminepeople/displayimage.php?pos=-618

CEYLON220
25th February 2009, 16:14
Did`nt see any that I recognised, Lancastrian---there`s, a photo somewhere which I will hunt out and post at a later date ,thanks all the same mate,we will keep on trying.
Dave

mecca
5th July 2010, 18:30
I was at Rosyth for the lay up as one of the six. My name's Paul Clark. The bosun was a bloke called John. Also thinking that Keith Weatherspoon and Keith Clarke were the other two ab's. Not 100% though. Who are you though?

Hello Paul my name is Steven Metcalfe, yes I can recall Keith Clarke I think he done the diving with us.

Cymru am byth
1st November 2010, 00:29
Stevie Met. Haven't heard from you in a while. You have my e-mail address?

mecca
3rd November 2010, 20:15
Stevie Met. Haven't heard from you in a while. You have my e-mail address?

Hello Paul, you seem supprised that I have your e-mail address, you sent it to me in July. If you want I will only use the site for messages. I have already sent a couple of e-mails they might have gone into span folder.

Cymru am byth
10th December 2010, 20:11
Stevie Met.
I haven't received any e-mail from you mate. Nothing in the spam folder. Please try again.