Maihar/Mahsud

flyer682
5th December 2004, 18:23
I would be interested in seeing some photos of these Swedish-built sisters and also the former Cunarders Mahronda and Manipur.
To Stuart Smith - wonderful photos of former Brocklebanks you posted in the Gallery recently.

Stuart Smith
8th December 2004, 23:21
Thanks for the compliment re-the photo's I posted. I just love the site and live in hope that someone I sailed with and remembers me joins our little clan.

Stuart

R798780
9th December 2004, 22:40
I would be interested in seeing some photos of these Swedish-built sisters and also the former Cunarders Mahronda and Manipur.
To Stuart Smith - wonderful photos of former Brocklebanks you posted in the Gallery recently. My last voyage as a single man started on Makrana, transfered to Mangla in Colombo, transfered to Ivernia in Wilmington, Delaware/Philadelphia, paid off in Liverpool on Blaydon Races day. Collected my gear from her in North Shields where she was marked out for cutting in half, having the extra hatch added and the metamorphosis was Manipur. I think it was Saxonia which became Mahronda. Visited Mahronda in Hodeidah (Yemen) in '72 while on Mahseer. Trying to post pics of Maihar/Mahsud on the Brocklebank forum, but the finish is lacking until I get a decent scanner. The one Ron recommends look the business, but I've got a few slides with a tiny ship lost in the middle of a slide and need to enlarge. May need more dpi, so I may have to put a few more pennies and pound notes into the piggy bank unless I can find somewhere to scan the odd half dozen for me.

Regards

Hugh