Ships Nostalgia banner

Clan Alpine

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Chris Isaac 
#1 ·
Is there anyone out there that was on the Clan Alpine when she was pulled off the buoys inland, in Chittagong 1960? I was with her but alongside on the Maskeliya when the cylone hit. Visited the ship when she was high and dry but never found out how the crew was.
Trevor

#3 ·
Thanks Chris,
I have seen the pictures before, I'll try and access the article. I can appreciate the short story shown because I was on the manoeuvering platform on the 4to8 at Full Ahead; and we were tied up alongside. The Old Man, Capt Evans was on the bridge the whole time, just eating his way through plates of sarnis.
Thanks again
Trevor

#9 ·
Searching for Clan Alpine Crew memebers

Hello Trevor, my name is Brendan. I am currently writing a book about the ship breaking industry in Bangladesh. The story of the Clan Alpine is the starting point of Bangladesh's ship breaking industry and even though I have good second hand info' regarding its final days I would very much like to be able to talk to a member of its crew so I can include first hand details. I wondered if you had any success tracking down any of the Clan Alpines crew. Regards, Brendan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.