Ships Nostalgia banner

Very Well Done The R.N.

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Alan Hill 
#1 · (Edited)
I am sure everyone in the Forum will wish to pass on our Congratulations to the R.N. rescue team who freed the Russian sub from the seabed in the Pacific allowing it to surface and its crew to survive.

They were superbly professional, skillfull and reliable as always. A super job well done. This dam Government does not deserve this Navy of ours. While the politicians are sinking the navy, the navy is raising subs and saving lives.
Says it all really about this Government dos'nt it.

VERY WELL DONE THE R.N. (Applause)

Chris.

#2 ·
Santos said:
I am sure everyone in the Forum will wish to pass on our Congratulations to the R.N. rescue team who freed the Russian sub from the seabed in the Pacific allowing it to surface and its crew to survive.

They were superbly professional, skillfull and reliable as always. A super job well done. This dam Government does not deserve this Navy of ours. While the politicians are sinking the navy, the navy is raising subs and saving lives.
Says it all really about this Government dos'nt it.

VERY WELL DONE THE R.N. (Applause)

Chris.
Agree 100%

Fred

#10 ·
fred henderson said:
From the report in the Telegraph the British rescue sub belongs to James Fisher on contract to the RN. The team flown out to the Pacific consisted of one naval officer, Cdr Ian Riches, plus 8 civilian employees of James Fisher Rumic Ltd of Paisley.

Fred (Read)
Having been woken up by the first phone call on Friday at 07:30 that started things moving (to my mate Roger Chapman, MD of Rumic, based in Dalton in Furness, ... we were both camped on a boat in the Hamble at the time..) It was a sporting day to get everyone and everything into the right places in time... The Telegraph got most of it fairly right, but there was a letter praising the British 'Design and Manufacture' of the Scorpio, but as 'enny fule kno', they were designed and built by Amatek-Straza in Escondido, San Diego... But at least most of the 'Toolkit' was of UK origin... 'Well Done the Lad's'

#11 ·
Well Done the R.N.

My congratulations to the chaps who really did the job, very well done indeed. My apologies for getting it wrong.

My main failing I am afraid, is that I read the newspapers and watch the T.V. News and tend to believe what I read and see. Silly me.

Chris.

#12 ·
Throughout life I have been amazed that whenever I have been involved in some incident that makes the news the media never get it 100% correct. Sometimes they are 180 degrees from the truth. Nevertheless I still stupidly believed the rest of the newspaper/TV/radio reports. Yes, congratulations to the civilian Brits for a job very well done.

Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.