Ships Nostalgia banner

Bigest Container vessel

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gdynia 
#1 ·
Please Can Any One Tell Me The Name Of The Container Vessel Shown On Sky Discovery It Was In Europort And It Was Bottoming Out I Thik Its Stena Something

#4 · (Edited)
I didn't see the programme, so can't advise on what ship was shown, however, Kotteman is right the Emma Maersk (and sisters) are generally acknowledged as the largest containerships, in terms of nominal teu capacity, afloat at this time.

You mention Stena, but they don't own or operate containerships. Are you sure it was a containership and not one of the Stena V-Max VLCCs?

Cheers
Phil

#6 ·
Hi

As Phil has already pointed out, Stena don't own or operate Container ships. The biggest container ships in the world, at the moment are the Emma & her sisters. I have yet to see a V-Max Tanker in Europoort, but I have seen others, like the Stena Atlantica, and the Ice class ships.
I to, haven't seen the programme in question, but like with other discovery programmes, it will be repeated time & time again, so someone may get the name of the ship.
Regards
Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.