Ships Nostalgia banner

Ncl

991 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sun Viking 
#1 ·
Maritime Matters Reports that NCL have admitted a guilty plea in Florida for the Norway Explosian in 2003 a have been fined 1 million USD and ordered to pay 13 Million USD compensation to the dead and injured crew.

Paul

#3 ·
you really need to google up the NTSB report on that incident. It details an amazing story of ignorance, malfeisance, stupidity, and perhaps a measure of deceit. After reading it you will have a hard time believing that any major shipping company could have rolled the dice and continued to operate her without major repairs (or even minor maintenance such as water treatment and maintaining boiler feet) in the face of so many emergent boiler issues. It's fascinating readng.

#7 ·
After having sailed on 18 NCL cruises (7 times on NORWAY) I will NEVER step foot on another one of their vessels. They have proved to be at best, deceitful and outright Liars! I can only wonder what is in store for UNITED STATES... NCL is a total disgrace! The only sad thing for me is that I shall greatly miss "Freestyle" cruising...
Mike @ Sun Viking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.