Ships Nostalgia banner

Hi

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Marcus Cardew 
#1 ·
I served my time on deck with Cunard Line, Brocklbanks out of Liverpool 1966 to 1975, then 8 years with manned submersibles and ROV's in N.Sea..

#5 ·
Hi HRS

R798780 said:
Hi Marcus

Your name rings a bell. So does St Erme - is that you?
I left Luxor at bandar mashar about April '75 and I've got the names sort of connected but the mists of time, etc. I was 2nd mate then

Regards

HRS
Yes, this is Sn'erme here. I was on the Luxor as second mate in 1974 I think. Then I went back onto the Causeway and Conveyor, 'til I went into the North Sea in April 75.

#6 ·
Hi Marcus

I got the name right, you got the year. In April '75 I was joining Lumiere at Ras Tanurah, so it was April '74 I left Luxor. I think John Watson was old man, and Alex someone was mate, but I just can't get the "someone".

Regards

HRS

#7 ·
Luxor

That's right. I first sailed with John Watson when he was mate on the Maturata. Alex was the Mate, I sailed with him a few times on the coast. He was from a family of untertakers in Anglesey. His Surname is on the tip of my tongue!.... I'll work on it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.