Ships Nostalgia banner

Cornelia B IV

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FRANCISCO JOSE LUDWIG 
#1 ·
Currently in Douala (Cameroons) and I have seen the ''CORNELIA B IV" still with the name on her stern. There is another name there, 'JADD' and registered in Wonsan, Korea. Her current name is 'NADIA SS' but there is no port of registry. I don't recognise the ensign she is flying either. (Horizontal stripes; red at the top, yellow and green. In the Nautical Almanac it is the same as Bolivia!! but this one has a device like a crest in the middle).

She looks to be the same vessel as in the Gallery and now has a blue hull with still the original hatch boards and canvas. There is a mobile crane situated between the two hatches but doesn't look very mobile now, and is without its jib. There is also a genny added on to the deck abaft the funnel. The funnel is blue with FAS on. She is a regular in the port and has some kind of big bags of white powder. She can't go very far away to load as she is back very quickly so either Limbe or maybe a Nigerian port. On the whole she doesn't look in too bad nick.

Can anybody give me a bit of history of the vessel as it seems to have certainly got about abit? (The gallery picture seems to show the vessel in USA too!)

Can anybody identify the flag?

#2 ·
I've just had a closer look and although there is no port of regisrty the port on the lifebouys is La Paz. There is one in Argentina and one in Mexico. The Flag is similar to Mexico I suppose except that the stipes are vertical and the yellow is white, but it does have the crest in the middle. Maybe it was as close as they could get. Listening to a VHF conversation she could be lightning a big ship out at the anchorage.

#3 ·
I've just had a closer look and although there is no port of regisrty the port on the lifebuoys is La Paz. There is one in Argentina and one in Mexico. The Flag is similar to Mexico I suppose except that the stipes are vertical and the yellow is white, but it does have the crest in the middle. Maybe it was as close as they could get. Listening to a VHF conversation she could be lightning a big ship out at the anchorage. The other name maybe JADO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.