Ships Nostalgia banner

Hi everyone

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Rensonz 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I am new to this altogether, and I am not even sure if I am in the right place. I'm sure someone will set me right if I am not. I am desperately trying to help my partner find her paternal father who visited port here in Dunedin NZ in both 1952/3 and 1956. Dec/Jan - April `53, and on the second visit arriving Jan `56 and departing March '56 ( as related to us by her maternal mother before she passed away). We would dearly love to find a name, and learn something of his history, and see finding his ship/ships as a starting point.:confused:
As yet, we do not even have a name. It is believed he was a career US Marine (possibly of rank), and would have been in his 20's at the time of the visits. I am trying to find what US ships visited during these times, and to work from there. A huge, if not impossible task, but one I feel I need to attempt.
If anyone is able to help me with information, or the best way to find the information, we would be eternally grateful.

#4 ·
Welcome aboard Rensonz, you certainly have some job ahead of you !

You could try Lloyds List for the dates in question, I don't know if a set of back numbers is carried in an archive in NZ, if not I imagine there will be one in Oz somewhere.

Good Hunting ....

Chgers

Andy (the other one)

#9 ·
My partner and I are looking for a Stephen McCauley (called 'Steve'). The Steve we are looking for was a US Navy man, as was his father before him. He would be in his late seventies, or into his eighties now. He had a daughter, and a son, and we believe his wife would have passed away in recent years. In the early 1950's he would have visited NZ as a young naval (I believe) Officer (Leiutenant maybe), perhaps in training at this time.
We believe he is residing in Colorado, or at the very least, he has resided there in the past. We are told his daughter (maybe Kimberley) might have been killed in a car accident some years ago too.
We would very much like to find and contact this person if it is at all possible. We believe he has a NZ born daughter who he might also be aware of, but has never been able to know.
If you are able to help us in any way at all, we would be extremely grateful.
Cheers
Richard Renai

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.