Ships Nostalgia banner

Reunion 2

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cacique 
#1 ·
So, seriously trying to not fall foul of the moderators and the "Data Protection Act", can someone (anyone) suggest a way of compiling AND MANAGING a list of folk that would be interested in meeting up for a Palm Line reunion in Liverpool sometime in 2008 please?
Is that OK now? Cheers. J

#2 ·
J,

I have not arranged a reunion, but I know a man who has… (Jester)

Given the very supportive and helpful membership on here, I think that you will get a reasonable response to this concept and a couple of the Members who have done this very thing may well be able to help you. Certainly the use of the Private Message system would allow to contact people and then move on to email thereafter.

Good luck

Mark

#4 ·
Thank you, Super Moderators.
Just off out now on the BMW to a 90th birthday afternoon pub do in Barnsley (Barnsley! God, help us!)
Not mine, I hasten to add, but will follow up your suggestions on return.
Cheers John
PS Nice not to be "catpeed" (Archers fan) for a change! :)

#5 ·
OK you guys.
Have contacted Scottiedog, JohnTMorley, Mike Fortune about a mini re-union in the Tyne & Wear area soon. All seem keen on the concept. It must be soon as Scottie & JohnT will be off shortly. Anyone in the area, please contact and we will arrange a suitable location to swing the lamp. To you older Palm-liners, there has just been an article in the Shields Gazette about Maurice Patterson and Rae, his wife. Maurice was harbour master in Lagos in the late 60's early 70's and well known to Palm-liners. He is 83 and appears in good spirits. Come and join us, should be a great time.

#9 ·
Palm Line N/E mini-reunion. On friday we are to have a bit of a get together in 'Sleepers' East Boldon T&W at about 13.30 hrs. Attending will be, Jimmy Smith, George Redford, Jack Richardson, Mike Fortune, Norman Thompson, Mike Scott and Neil the owner of 'Sleepers' who is an ex Palm kernel. Cliff Hutchinson would have loved to attend but is caring for his elderly mother.John Morley is away back to his North Sea platform today so couldn't attend. John McKay and Ian Trotter are also with the same outfit as John but on different platforms. Maybe a later get-together. Any old Palm-Liners who wish to attend, come along I'm sure it will be a great time. Anyone know the whereabouts of Alan Walton?

#10 ·
Wow, we have just had our mini-re-union. What a smashing afternoon, Neil Harding was a most slendid host and we all had a great time remeniscing about old times. Everyone showed up with the exception of Jimmy Smith who was feeling a little under the weather. Norman Thompson brought along some wonderful memorabilia, house flag, a book of matches (each match with the port of calls of Palm Line vessels), cap badge and some wonderful Palm Bulletins, going back to the 60's. We had a splendid time and agreed to have another get together soon when the 'younger' members of our fraternity will be able to join us.I will copy and send to any interested parties all of the bulletins I have, provided within the UK. We were sorry none of our deck colleagues were in attendance. George Morris, our humblest apologies. Sadly attenders informed, Eric Addinal and Alan Walton have passed away, along with Jimmy Crook, and Cap. Smith(gunboat). We will assist with 'Big' reunion in Liverpool, some contacts still to be made here in the N/E.

#12 ·
deep regret but still happy that most are still going strong davy lowndes sailed

Wow, we have just had our mini-re-union. What a smashing afternoon, Neil Harding was a most slendid host and we all had a great time remeniscing about old times. Everyone showed up with the exception of Jimmy Smith who was feeling a little under the weather. Norman Thompson brought along some wonderful memorabilia, house flag, a book of matches (each match with the port of calls of Palm Line vessels), cap badge and some wonderful Palm Bulletins, going back to the 60's. We had a splendid time and agreed to have another get together soon when the 'younger' members of our fraternity will be able to join us.I will copy and send to any interested parties all of the bulletins I have, provided within the UK. We were sorry none of our deck colleagues were in attendance. George Morris, our humblest apologies. Sadly attenders informed, Eric Addinal and Alan Walton have passed away, along with Jimmy Crook, and Cap. Smith(gunboat). We will assist with 'Big' reunion in Liverpool, some contacts still to be made here in the N/ with most of you over 68/79

#13 ·
Congrats to the NE Gang, turning green with envy ! Hope Norman brought along some pies and a bottle of High Pressure Sauce.
Sad to be updated on those that have crossed the bar, maybe there were a few small differences but good men all.
Hope that a big reunion might be forthcoming but will need plenty of time to arrange a trip back to the UK, if help is needed with the organisation I will do all that I can (which might not be a lot - being in South America).
Anyone in touch with Tommy Rowe ? I've tried to email him to introduce this site, but without avail.
Where is Davey Lowndes hiding ? I see his name up there somewhere.

Kind Regards to All, David Wilson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.