Ships Nostalgia banner

Norvegia Team

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Bigmo 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of the Norvegia Team they'd care to post? I did a trip on her as R/O in about 1976. George Hay was Master, the only other name I can remember is Brian McKendrick who was 3/Eng.

#15 ·
sailed on the Novegia Team 1972 Davy Miller C/E, Bobby Mcgowan3/E,Electricain Alan ?(Geordie)great guy,I was 4/E (John Eaton.)We also had a Ben Line Captain learning the operatation of an OboAlso carried technician from Swedish yard where ship was built.i joined and left the ship Kharg Island Iran.Shah was still the man then .

#22 ·
I too had the pleasure of sailing on Norvegia team in 1976. joined in Ijmuiden in November and went to Cabinda, Philladelphia.. went through Suez at 66000 tons. George Hay was the skipper, Maurice (irish guy was the mate) Tommy Mcskimming 2nd Engineer (sadly departed) Angus Mcleod was the 2nd Mat and Peter Yates 3rd Mate. R/O was Nigel ? and Mark Read was the other cadet ........ well it was a long time ago. I found some pics on flikr.com a couple of months back just searching under "Norvegia team"

#23 ·
Yep, I was mate on the Norvegia Team in 1976 with George Hay then Willie Coutts, last trip as Choff. Andy Kaye was Ch Eng, remember the 2/O did up the bar, was very fancy! Paid off in Algercias, all well organised for the crew flying from Cadiz, Brit officers not not booked on any flight! Good ship as long as the engineers didn't want the cargo pumps for generator duties, if my memory serves me right they were interconnected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.