Ships Nostalgia banner

Turnbull Scott

18K views 53 replies 22 participants last post by  Roy Foo 
#1 ·
Looking to get in touch with old shipmates from Turnbull Scott 73/81. Good times !!!!

#40 ·
Phil Not sure If I sailed with you, I was one of the last Engineer Cadets, sailed on the Saltersgate, Ettrick and Trongate In 1981 during my sea phase and then the Rangelock, Marilock and St Aubin as 4/e -3/e between 1983 and 1986. Martin Gee
Hi Martin, i might have sailed with you on the Marilock. I was a last trip cadet....i remember a great run ashore in Puerto Alegre ??

#15 ·
Hi, just joined the site. Iremember George Savage R/O on the Gela. I was a Ist trip cadet, joined in Rotterdam in September 1972 and paid off in Key West (put ashore) with appendicitis in December. Other crew members I remember are Captain Simpson, C/O thompson(I think),2/0 Willie Alexander, 3/0 Bob Mc Manus, Chris Bowring (Cadet) C/E Bruce, 2/E George Everitt (I think) , 3/E Terry Gibson, Chief Steward Terry Deighton plus the ships dog Flop. Ring any bells anyone?

#17 ·
Thanks for the info about Willie Alexander. Nice to know he is gainfully employed. Turnbulls had only just got the Trongate when I left the Merchant Navy. From reading other posts I have heard about Ted Ellerby passing on. I sailed with him on previous ships like the Stonegate, Narya and Sandgate. He was a great guy and a very good captain.Sorry to hear about him.