Ships Nostalgia banner

Royal Priince

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ixion 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Royal Prince

Sailed on the Royal Prince as A/B in 1982.Did about 9 trips on her to the Medi and back to Manchester.One of the best Ships that i sailed on.You did 3 month long trips and had a trip off The Crew on her From Captains Strevins and Pound mate Ian Chadwick,Bosun John Pearce,to Jumbo the Cook were great, so I Nailed my Bags to the Deck with six inch Nails
On one trip we were alongside at Limossol Cyprus when Captain Pound called us all into the Messroom and asked for volunteers to go on a mercy trip over to Beirut to pick up Refugees.Needless to say we all agreed to go.All the Containers except the outer layer on the Hatch were taken off.We then went alongside the RAF Pier at Akrotari and loaded Military Personel, Clothing,and Army Food Ration Packs.After a twelve hour trip off a Beach north of Beirut we arrived at dawn and loaded hundreds of People on to the foredeck,then sailed for Larnica .Once we docked the Army cordened off the Quay and I believe they found a few Terrorists among the People coming off the Ship. We then went back to Akrotari unloaded the stores,and were invited to the RAF Police Mess for a free booze up<Great times, happy Ship
Stevie

See less See more
#3 ·
Royal Prince

sailed on the royal prince 23rd sept 1980-29-4-81 as cook/std. captain strevins was the best i sailed with. john parks as bobo .i remember we painted the ships side in malta on a sunday afternoon (dock side with a few beers), after that i did tea then had a few more drinks. good times(Pint)

malcolm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.