BP Tankers 1970 to 1984 approx. - Page 3 - Ships Nostalgia
18:34

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

BP Tankers 1970 to 1984 approx.

User Tag List

Old 30th August 2013, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jao View Post
Hi Dave

Long time answering your post but remember the Iolair. I remember your pay off party. A case of Kaliber alchohol free larger. Tony Sullivan your replacement ended up manger of the Seillean an oil production vessel. If you pick this up I would like to hear from you.

John Orr
Hi John
Sorry I have only just picked up your post on here while looking again at this thread.
From memory were you 3/E.
Can remember leaving at the sametime as George Simpson and transferring to BP PET Dev on the platforms, Delta in my case and George to the Charlie.
Can remember young Tony Sullivan who obviously did very well for him self, must have been the good handover training I gave him!
Hope your keeping well as I am, now long retired and living in Bideford, North Devon.
All the best
Dave
Old 6th September 2013, 06:46
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation
Active: 1972 - Present

My location
Dave,

We sailed together on the Iolair, I was the first FSO on that pile of crap, "white knuckles" Nichols was my back to back. I first joined her in Brest and stuck it for 2 years.

Peter
Old 8th January 2014, 19:07
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1970 - 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbucktaylor View Post
can anyone help me find any of the lads i sailed with i was on the british tamar, scientist,test resolution 4 times in panama then onto the avon , mv mokran and my last trip was on the dragoon i joind in 1975 and left in 1982
hi Ken did 2 trips on the resolution out in panama as chief cook 30/9/78 to 7/1/ 79 16/3/79 to 15/6/79 my have met cheers rich.
Old 10th January 2014, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavrav View Post
Hi Len
I was galley boy on Kiwi 1976-1977 then promoted to A/S till 1978 then went back deep sea
remember a few things taffy Captain with flag post outside his cabin
the two John's Chief Stewards one being banger benson harry riggall cook from Goole few other things but I am sure you will remember the things I have mentioned
Gavin
Gavin
I was the other galley boy on the Kiwi when you served. I remember it took ages to get promoted to A/S as they couldn't get replacements, or didn't want to ! I remember Harry Riggall, I have a photo of a few of us !
Old 30th January 2014, 20:28
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1970 - 1986

[QUOTE=richdown;727393]hi Ken did 2 trips on the resolution out in panama as chief cook 30/9/78 to 7/1/ 79 16/3/79 to 15/6/79 may have met old man Doug Buckley, Cat Off, mike Winter.
I use to do a lot of fishing of the **** end, snapper, dorado, shark all sorts regards rich.
Old 31st January 2014, 15:54

Hello to all,

My name is John Price and I sailed with BP tankers from 1961 until 1978. I would like to hear from any shipmates that are still around. I finished up as a Fleet manager for a German Company based in Limassol, Cyprus and my wife and I lived there for 8 years. Well retired now and living in the North East of England.
Old 31st January 2014, 16:43
Department: Engineering
Active: 1955 - 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by jep1916 View Post
Hello to all,

My name is John Price and I sailed with BP tankers from 1961 until 1978. I would like to hear from any shipmates that are still around. I finished up as a Fleet manager for a German Company based in Limassol, Cyprus and my wife and I lived there for 8 years. Well retired now and living in the North East of England.
Hi John,

So another ex BP Engineering Apprentice surfaces, I will send you a Shipsnostalgia email. I have seen your pother two postings

Graham Wallace
Old 1st February 2014, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jep1916 View Post
Hello to all,

Welcome aboard John,enjoy. I see you live in Billingham . I lived there for a while in 1970-75 in High Grange ,when it was a bit posher. Wish i had never left really. Merlin was the local pub .
What ship ps were you on ? Graham Wallace is now aware of you and he will send you in right direction to get in touch with ex shipmates. Cheers.
Old 20th March 2017, 19:39
Department: Deck
Active: 1982 - Present

1982 - 84

Hi, I served on the Fidelity 82 Reliance 83 and Security in 83.
Remember some good guys on Brinley Jenkins team. Stevie Proud catering, Mickey Brown and Russ Daglish deck, Mark Gray galley. Great 1st trip, wish I could do it again!!
Old 20th March 2017, 20:26
Wire Puller
Department: Deck
Active: 1964 - 2009

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by claretman View Post
I sailed on BP ships from 1977 - 1980 SS Patience, MV Liberty, MV Loyalty, SS Respect, SS Renown, MV Trent. I would love to get some photos of those ships for 'old times sake' but BP cannot help. Anyone any ideas where I can get good quality photos so I can print them out?
Claretman, There are official BP photo's of Br Patience, Br Loyalty & Br Trent in my photo gallery. I've posted them on here, but they might have lost some quality. Perhaps they could be of some use? I don't know what the quality would be like for framing though. BPs "Photo & Information Department" were the people who supplied me with the originals. Other BP Tankers that I was on in my Photo Gallery as well, for those that are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg British_Loyalty_001.jpg (63.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg British_Patience_001.jpg (113.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg British_Trent_001.jpg (76.6 KB, 8 views)